As promised, here are the results gathered by T-Mobile, with the most popular responses in bold. Read them and follow the directions below for a second chance to win the ruby T-Mobile BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8100 and orange Nokia 5310 XpressMusic.
- 15% – Elementary School
- 48% – Middle School
- 31% – High School
- 6% – Never; only adults should have mobile phones.
What would motivate you the most to buy your child a phone?
- 70% – Safety (knowing they can always reach me)
- 20% – Coordinating busy schedules (pick-ups, etc.)
- 4% – Social (keeping them in touch with family and friends)
- 6% – Nothing; I don’t think children should have phones.
What concerns you the most about providing your child with a mobile phone?
- 30% – Surprise bills because my child would text or download too much without my knowledge.
- 46% – Not knowing who my child is talking or texting with.
- 11% – Losing my child’s attention when we are together because they’re using their phone instead of engaging in the moment.
- 12% – Access to inappropriate content.
If you were considering buying a mobile phone for your child, what would be the #1 purchase factor?
- 26% – Cost of service.
- 65% – Ability to manage usage (example: set limits on minutes, texting, times of use and available features).
- 1% – Choice of phones.
- 5% – Network/coverage.
How did you do? How do the above results compare to your answers?
In high school we had an English teacher who centered most of our papers around comparing and contrasting. In honor of Mrs. Brandt and freshman English, compare and contrast your answers to the results above and get a second chance to win a ruby T-Mobile BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8100 for yourself and an orange Nokia 5310 XpressMusic for your child in case you want to try the new T-Mobile Family Allowances plan!
Good luck and thanks to T-Mobile for sponsoring this giveaway!
Fine print: To be eligible, comments must follow guidelines outlined above and contain an e-mail address where you can be contacted when you win. Comments must be received by August 20, 2008 at Midnight. Winner will be chosen at random by random.org and will need to reply with 48 hours to claim their prize. Giveaway does not include T-Mobile service plan.
This blog post is original to Tech Savvy Mama and may not be reposted without permission. Tech Savvy Mama does not do paid blog posts.
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama