Last weekend Little Miss Techie and I went on her first Brownie “camping” trip. I unplugged for the entire time we were gone although it got me thinking about modern technology and the camping experiences I had as a former Brownie and Girl Scout.
Back in the day before you could pull out your smartphone to call back to the campsite during a hike or emergency personnel, the gadget of choice for communication was a good walkie talkie. Walkie talkies are still a great gadget to have due to the remote location of many camp sites and the lack of good cell service.
Motorola Talkabout MJ270R features:
- Up to 27 mile range
- 22 channels, each with 121 privacy codes for 2,662 combinations to reduce interruptions
- 27 hr. alkaline (3 AA) or 9 hr. NiMH estimated battery life
- iVOX hands-free communication without the need for an audio accessory
- QT (Quiet Talk) interruption filter allows the radios to be set to communicate with other compatible Motorola products
- Emergency alert button
- Built-in Flashlight
- Mini-USB charging port
- 11 weather channels (7 NOAA) with alert feature
- Backlit display
- Battery meter
- 10 call tones
- Advanced priority scan
- Audible low battery alert
- Keypad lock
- Time-out timer
- Talk confirmation tone
- Battery save feature
GIVEAWAY: Win a set of Motorola Talkabout MJ270R valued at $69.95.
- Tweet this daily and leave a comment with the link to your tweet: @TechSavvyMama has a #giveaway for @Motorola Talkabout MJ270R 2 way radios! I entered here: http://bitly.com/kVv2aQ
- Follow Motorola on Twitter and let me know in your comment.
- Subscribe to this blog’s RSS feed and let me know in your comment
- Subscribe to this blog via email and tell me you’ve done so below
- Follow me via Networked Blogs and leave a comment
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama