Even the dog helped with the cleanup making it a true family affair!
Later that evening when my husband came home, he opened the refrigerator and was delighted to see that we had made pie for dessert. “I was thinking about it on the way home,” he confessed.
This weekend make a peanut butter pie and share it with someone you love. Or do something you’ve been meaning to do that you’ve been putting off. Because as Jennie wrote, “…today is the only guarantee we can count on.”
- 8 ounces chocolate cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces finely chopped chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup creamy-style peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 – 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
The Food Network has compiled a collection of peanut butter pie recipes from around the blogosphere on their site in honor of Jennie’s husband. There are a variety of different versions to satisfy every palate and diet including peanut-free, gluten free, dairy free, peanut butter and banana with Nutella, and even a pudding one!
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama