- AVG’s team is always working behind the scenes to develop front line defense to provide constant protection. It’s also reassuring to know that AVG Anti-Spyware technology prohibits data mining of personal information from spyware and adware that can make its way on to your computer just by clicking around on websites.
- AVG Internet Security 2012 scans for problems in the background so I don’t even know it’s working while I am thanks to low-priority mode. When I’m at the computer, AVG Smart Scanning senses mouse and keyboard movement and slips into low-priority mode, scanning only files that are new in order to lessen an impact on my productivity.
- AVG Internet Security 2012 features Enhanced Firewall that works by recognizing intrusions and blocking inbound and outbound attacks by malicious software. This means that if there’s a piece of spyware that’s trying to infiltrate my computer to grab my identity, AVG will block it. It keeps computers from being controlled by a Trojan Horse, a type of malware that masquerades as a legitimate piece of software but is designed to harvest information from your computer. AVG Identity Protection is another feature that provides reassurance by constantly monitoring online threats and stopping them before they do any damage to your PC.
- Protects against spam and phishing scams. Phishing is more than just a band. It’s the practice of luring sensitive information from you through email for the purpose of identity theft through online and email scams. AVG uses Anti-Spam to scan databases for the most recent threats that often include icky things like worms and bots that generate more scams. Their email scanner checks attachments and links to protect your inbox while Online Shield checks files before they are downloaded.
- Checks your social networks. Having been duped earlier this summer by a scam masquerading as a Facebook event that spammed all of my friends, I know the importance of social network protection. Had I been running AVG Internet Security 2012 at the time, it would have ensured that I never would have seen the link from the friend who sent it. Nor would I have shared it with others. AVG also checks links in Twitter and MySpace. Hallelujah for also checking Twitter because there are tons of scams running rampant. Just one Tweet about an iPad seems to bring bad links out of the woodwork!
- Sorts out the good websites from the bad. Their LinkScanner ranks search engine results in terms of how safe the sites are before you click, ensuring that you only visit trusted sites for a safe surfing experience. I’m also a huge fan of the way 4 different colors are used to accompany the rank of sites. It helps me sort out the top sites quickly when I’m in a hurry to find the information I need fast.
- Tech support. Even the most tech savvy might need help. AVG provides 24/7 assistance for basic problems like installation difficulties to the most technical problems.
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama