The first school where I taught had a mentoring program where a group of volunteers from local businesses would come and read with our elementary school students every Wednesday. I loved walking by the library to see adults sitting with the same child week after week sharing a story over lunch and spending their recess chatting.
- 1.35 million students have been affected by Communities in Schools
- 98% of students stay in school.
- 88% of students were promoted to the next grade
- 87% of seniors graduate on time
- 82% of students reduced their high risk behavior
- 4th and 8th grade students are more proficient in reading and math thanks to the program
- 2/3 of teachers surveyed believe the program helps students succeed
- There are 180 Communities in Schools affiliates in 25 states and Washington, D.C.
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama