Thank you to Fooz Kids for providing me with an All-In-One pack to review. The opinions I’ve expressed here are solely my own and represent my honest viewpoint.
About Fooz Kids
Fooz Kids is a new application that allows parents to control their child’s exploration of the internet in an age appropriate way. It provides a list of recommended websites based on age that can be edited by through the Parental Dashboard while also limiting contact to a trusted network of pre-approved friends. For an annual fee of $11.99, Fooz Kids is downloaded and installed as a software program that takes over the desktop and serves as a portal to websites, email, and social networking, making it easy for a parent to manage internet usage in their home through a single interface.
Fooz Kids Dashboard- A Child’s View
|Scroll through the alphabetical listing of icons
using the orange arrow on the right
- Makes content easy to find. Often times parents don’t know where to start looking for good sites for their kids. Fooz Kids provides a wealth of content that is filtered according to the child’s age eliminating some guesswork about where to go.
- Takes over the desktop to protect files. When Fooz Kids is launched, it takes over the desktop of the computer. Kids can’t get to other items unless the account password is entered. This is great if it’s being used on a designated kid computer but could be an annoyance on a shared machine. Regardless, locking down the desktop with Fooz Kids helps protect files and other sensitive documents that you don’t want your child to accidentally click on or delete.
- Create accounts for each child. The ability to create as many accounts as needed for children in the family allows customization according to age, skills, and interests.
- Install on multiple computers. Add Fooz Kids to other computers in your house by visiting the site and logging into your account. The application can be downloaded for free for additional machines.
- Monitor activity through Fooz Kids University. Fooz Kids U provides a report card- an overview of lessons completed by grade, time spent on the computer, and progress.
- Works with Macs and PCs.
- Affordable. It costs $11.99/ year but I can give my friends a free account so feel free to try it and let me know what you think.
Please click here to learn more about Fooz Kids. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective. All opinions are my own. #cleverfooz
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama