This post is sponsored by Tempur-Pedic, the brand millions of owners trust to deliver their best night’s sleep every night. Enjoy our Buy 2, get 1 free pillow offer now and give the gift of custom comfort to someone you love.
I love the traditions of the holidays, not only for the significance of the day and bringing family together, but also because of the food. I associate each holiday with a particular comfort food that was always part of our meal on that day. A traditional Chinese banquet to celebrate the Lunar New Year, my mom’s spinach and artichoke strata for Easter brunch, the array of cookies we always baked for friends and neighbors as Christmas gifts, and freshly baked croissants on Christmas morning.
- 3 cups of sugar
- 5 cups of flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ t cloves
- 2 Cups raisins (or dates or a mix of both)
- Canned pumpkin- either 1 large (1 lb, 12 oz) or 2 small (15 oz cans can) of pumpkin. You can also use flesh from a sugar pumpkin.
- 3/4 Cup of oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
- Grease and flour loaf pans or spray with PAM Baking for the same effect
- Fill 4 large loaf pans half way with batter
- Bake at 350 for 1 ½ hours or until done
Comfort is the perfect gift for everyone on your holiday gift list, so be sure to take advantage of Tempur-Pedic’s Buy 2, get 1 free pillow offer! I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective.
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama