|“The Lamp” by Romare Bearden|
Preview a satellite exhibit of Romare Bearden’s artwork. View watercolors, prints, oil on paper and dramatic black and white Photostats that date from 1964 to 1984 when Romare Bearden was at the peak of his artistic power. In addition to works on loan from the Foundation are new works by artists inspired and influenced by Bearden’s life and legacy.
During the reception a new generation of jazz musicians will perform Bearden’s music which has been previously recorded by Branford Marsalis, Tito Puente and Billy Eckstine.
Additional in-store celebrations will include children’s collage-making events, special readings of Bearden’s children’s book, “Li’l Dan, The Drummer Boy: A Civil War Story,” as well as cooking demonstrations from local chefs featuring Bearden’s favorite recipes and Caribbean dishes from the out-of-print cookbook, “Ma Chance’s French Caribbean Creole Cooking,” which he illustrated.
- Philadelphia— Macy’s Center City, February 15 @ 6PM
- Washington, D.C.— Macy’s Metro Center, February 16 @ 5:30 PM
- Houston— Macy’s Houston Galleria at Hidalgo, February 16 @ 6:30 PM
- Miami— Macy’s Adventura Mal, February 16 @ 6:30 PM
- San Francisco— Macy’s Union Square, February 16 @ 6 PM
- Charlotte— Macy’s Northlake Mall Drive, February 25 @ 2:00 PM
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama