|100 Cars for Good gave a vehicle to Summit Assistance Dogs in 2011|
- The Community Soup Kitchen of Morristown, NJ, which can now pick up donations of food that used to be turned away due to a lack of transportation, allowing it to provide meals and food to even more people in need;
- Washington, DC’s Aleethia Foundation, whose new minivan enables it to transport wounded veterans recovering at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center to much needed social nights away from the hospital;
- Camp Casey, a program near Detroit that provides horseback riding visits for kids with cancer that is now able to expand its reach to families in other parts of the state.
If you know of a nonprofit that could use a car from Toyota as part of this program, please encourage them to apply as soon as possible. To apply, visit the 100 Cars for Good Facebook page and click on the “apply for 2012” tab located on the left of the white navigation bar.
- Registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and non-profit Native American or Alaskan tribes with sovereignty can apply online at www.100carsforgood.com beginning on Monday, March 12. This address will link to the 100 Cars for Good Facebook page.
- 100 Cars for Good applications will be open for two weeks (until Monday, March 26 at 11:59 am PST]), or until 5,000 applications are received. From this group, 500 finalists will be selected and certified by an independent panel of experts. Finalists will be notified in April.
- Each finalist will then submit a short video and explanation on how a new vehicle would help further its work. Both will be featured on the 100 Cars for Good site.
- Public voting on the finalists will begin on Monday, May 14 at www.100carsforgood.com with five organizations up for consideration each day for 100 consecutive days.
- The four runners up each day will each receive a $1,000 grant from Toyota.
- Toyota will provide every finalist with a digital video camera, training toolkit and free online advertising credits to help them create or expand their presence in social media and other digital platforms.
- Finalists will be eligible for one of six Toyota models, including the Camry Hybrid, Highlander SUV, Prius v hybrid, Sienna minivan, Sienna Mobility or Tundra full-sized pickup.
- A six-year, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty will also be provided for each vehicle, compliments of Toyota Financial Services.
- Toyota is ending the contest on March 26 at Noon PST or when 5000 applications are received, whichever comes first!
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama