- Week 1: June 4-10 Out & About—Learn about the people and places in our world on your way to becoming a global citizen.
- Week 2: June 11-17 Caring for Animals—Experience animals in new ways and explore themes of responsibility and compassion.
- Week 3: June 18-24 Puzzle Time—Build logic and reasoning skills as you puzzle your way through brain-bending activities!
- Week 4: June 25-July 1 Art & Music—Let your creativity run wild as you experiment with a range of media, including handmade instruments, crafts and a home art gallery!
- Week 5: July 2-8 Writing That’s Real—Explore fascinating nonfiction topics and try your hand at investigative writing.
- Week 6: July 9-15 Storytelling—Bring your ideas to life through storytelling, music, art, drama and pretend play!
- Week 7: July 16-22 Science Adventures—Observe, ask questions and draw conclusions as you explore and investigate the world around you.
- Week 8: July 23-29 Friendship Week—Get ready for school and International Friendship Day by exploring what it means to be friends.
- Starting June 4- Wild Kratts “Zach Attack Week” with 1 new episode
- Starting June 11- WordGirl “Tobey’s Robot Summer” with 1 new episode
- Starting June 18- Arthur “Baby Kate Adventure Week”
- Starting June 25- Curious George “Monkey Business Week” with 1 new episode
- Starting July 2- Super Why! “Royal Reading Week”
- Starting July 9- The Electric Company “Prankster Planet”
- Starting July 16- Dinosaur Train “Gone Fishing Week”
- Starting July 23- Martha Speaks “Dog Daze Week” with 1 new episode
- Starting July 30- The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! “Creepy Crawley Week”
- Starting August 6- Sid the Science Kid “Get Up and Move Week”
Toy creators Melissa & Doug recognize that parents are looking for affordable activities for their children and created Camp Sunny Patch as a way to create low-cost, creative activities for kids for the entire summer. The weekly activities from Camp Sunny Patch are a great way to include learning in a creative way throughout the summer. Parents can print and post monthly calendars from the Melissa & Doug blog or get a preview of each month’s activities via email. Each week parents can download a session guide for additional details of the activity ideas, games, crafts and more. The Melissa & Doug blog also features printable camp badges while optional camp-themed surprises will be available throughout the summer on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Scholastic Summer Challenge
The Scholastic Summer Challenge is a free, interactive reading program dedicated to helping kids keep their reading skills sharp throughout the summer by reading every day. Kids everywhere will Read for the World Record by logging the minutes they spend reading this summer and attempting to beat the current world record of 64,213,141 minutes set during summer 2011. The 20 schools whose students log the most minutes will be recognized in the 2013 Scholastic Book of World Records. The Scholastic Summer Challenge runs through August 31, 2012.
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama