According to FourSquare, I’ve been traveling for six weeks in a row and when I’m on the go, savvy travelers know that little upgrades can make a big difference but you don’t have to be a frequent flier or road warrior to take advantage of perks that come with upgrades. Instead it’s more important to be smart about what airlines you fly and where you stay to aggregate miles and points to maximize benefits.
Disclosure: I am being compensated as a Twitter party panelist and for my time in writing this post by #TMOM. All opinions are my own.
When I fly, I always look to United first for flights. I’m United Mileage Plus credit card holder that provides perks of a free checked bag, early boarding, and also increases my likelihood of being able to score an economy plus or business class seat when I fly. Purchasing United tickets with my Mileage Plus credit card also allows me to accumulate bonus miles with my purchases so I can earn free flights faster.
When I’m choosing hotels, I always like to look at Starwood properties since I like to aggregate my Starwood Preferred Guest points. Starwood hotels include Le Meridien, Aloft, FourPoints, Westin, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Sheraton, St Regis, and element and points earned for stays at hotels lead to room and suite upgrades, free nights with no blackout dates, complimentary wifi, and when staying at the Sheraton, access to club lounges that provides conveniences such as complimentary breakfast, afternoon hors d’oeuvres and beverages, and a nice quiet place to relax or have a meeting . Since the program is free to join, it’s highly worth signing up for!
Join me and Traveling Mom on June 17 for a special #TMOM Twitter Party sponsored by Sheraton Club. We’ll talk about upgrades that will make your travel experiences memorable for you, too.
- What: Travel Upgrades Twitter Party sponsored by Sheraton Club
- When: June 17, 9-10 pm EDT
- Who: Panelists include @TravelingMoms @KimOrlando @DebMomOf3 @CindyRichards @ramblingstump @techmama @MaryHeston @childmode @techsavvymama @therebelchick @adamsommer @savvymommy
- How: Follow the hashtags #TMOM and #SheratonClub
- Prizes: Traveling Mom will be giving away enough Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) points during the party to help you give yourself a guilt-free upgrade the next time you stay at a Sheraton. There will be four prizes during the party – 12,000 points, 5,000 points, 2,000 points and 1,000 points. (Note: Winners must currently have a Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) account, or open a free account, to get the points.)
- RSVP: http://bit.ly/11vhkLw