Harry Potter fans who feel at home in the shadow of Hogwarts Castle or dream of sipping a frosty Butterbeer at Wizarding World at Universal Studios Orlando have more exciting reasons to visit this summer. Earlier this week, Universal Orlando announced eagerly anticipated details about Wizarding World’s Diagon Alley expansion. Not only will Wizarding World double in size but one of the highlights includes boarding the Hogwarts Express in Hogsmeade Station (located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure) and traveling to and London’s King’s Cross Station (located in Universal Studios Florida) for a journey that will be “filled with views of London and the British countryside – as well as a few surprises.” According to Universal Studios Orlando, this will be the “world’s first centrally themed, multi-park experience.”
Admission to both parks is required to travel between the two but park admission not only includes travel on Hogwarts Express but exciting new rides, experiences, and dining options. Here’s a peek at the newest attractions!
- Experience a groundbreaking new, multi-dimensional thrill ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts,which will place riders in the middle of an incredible adventure as they navigate their way through the perils of the Gringotts vaults
- Witness the magical experience of a wand choosing a wizard at Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC, one of the wizarding world’s premier wand shops
- Discover the darker side of magic in Knockturn Alley, the darkest of dark places that features Borgin and Burkes – a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a wide variety of Dark objects, such as Death Eater masks, skulls, and other sinister items
- Explore some of Diagon Alley’s famous shops, including:
- Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, a vibrant shop featuring novelty items, magical jokes, and toys inspired by the books and films that will amaze the mischievous child in everyone
- Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions, where guests will find a variety of wizardwear from Hogwarts school uniform ties, scarves and jumpers, to authentic wizard’s robes and character costumes
- Magical Menagerie, which features a collection of plush animals, such as owls and Hippogriffs
- Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, where guests can grab wizarding essentials such as telescopes, binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses and hourglasses
- Quality Quidditch Supplies, offering a wide assortment of apparel and equipment including Quidditch sweaters, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Bludger bats, Quaffles and more
- Scribbulus, featuring authentic writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationary sets and postcards
- Enjoy traditional British fare that includes favorite dishes such as fish and chips, bangers and mash and more at the Leaky Cauldron
- Visit Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour for frozen treats in a variety of tantalizing and unique flavors such as strawberry-and-peanut-butter ice-cream and many others
As fans of Wizarding World, we can’t wait to visit Universal Studios Orlando to experience Diagon Alley! In the meantime, Little Miss Techie is sporting a limited edition Patronus Charmballa Bracelet ($49 but on sale for $29 until the end of the month!) by Joseph Nogucci to show her love of Harry Potter. This gorgeous bracelet is inspired by the Harry Potter series and each charm that is strung on the stunning black nylon cord references something in the story.
The Patronus Bracelet features:
- The symbol of the three brothers to protect and bring strength
- Ruby red crystals to represent the Philosopher’s Stone
- Green-eyed silver owl charms to symbolize Hedwig and Pigwidgeon, two favorite owls in the series
- Black beads with silver stars to remind us of the Invisibility Cloak
- A sparkly golden crystal shamballa with silver dangling wings to represent the fast and elusive game-winning Snitch
- A lightning bolt on a rectangular silver charm bearing the designer’s name reminds us of the Boy Who Lived
Stunning on it’s own or stacked among other favorite bracelets, the Patronus Charmballa Bracelet is a fun a special keepsake for any Harry Potter fan. It’s a conversation starter and provides inspiration to go back and re-read the books as you look at the symbols and recall favorite parts of Harry’s time at Hogwarts.
Joseph Nogucci’s Patronus Charmballa Bracelet is available until the end of the month at the special price of $29 with free shipping. The bracelet does sell out, even at it’s regular price at $49! It was a hot holiday seller that just recently came back into stock!
I received a Patronus Charmball Bracelet for review. All opinions are my own and no compensation was received for this post.