I’ve had 2 hours of sleep thanks to an early morning flight but my bags and heart are full as I sit at the airport, ready to embark on my third trip to Haiti. It’s a trip I almost passed up because of an already full month full of travel, client work, and wanting to be home with my family but it almost seemed selfish of me to not go and help by bringing much needed items to artists who work to generate income to sustain their families.
I’m completely overwhelmed by the donations that have poured in from friends near and far who have dropped items off at my doorstep and ordered them through my Amazon Wish List. I’m also so grateful to work with incredible companies who don’t hesitate to respond yes when I’ve wrote to ask them for items to take with me. 3 duffel bags full of baby clothes, toys, books, office supplies, and devices like 2 netbooks and a color printer will benefit the women of OFEDA, the children of The ApParent Project, and artists of Artisan Business Network.
Before I leave and you follow my travels here and with the #Bloggers4Haiti hashtag on Twitter and Instagram, I wanted to thank the following individuals and companies and provide a peek inside my bags with a photo heavy post of some the wonderful items that are coming with me to Haiti.
- Burt’s Bees Baby Bees
- National Geographic Kids
- Elena Sonnino of Live Do Grow
- Jessica Cohen from Eat Sleep Be
- Jessica McFadden of A Parent in America and A Parent in Silver Spring
- Jeannette Kaplun of Hispana Global
- Krystyn Hall of Really Are You Serious?
- Monica Sakala of Wired Momma
- Sandie Chen of The DC Moms and Teen Lit Rocks
- Sili Recio of My Mamihood
- Wasim Muklashy of Wasim of Nazareth
- Local friends, Abby and Lisa
- And thanks to Microsoft for their past support of laptops for our social media training sessions that were conducted last year!
My plane fare was covered by Everywhere but all other travel costs associated with this trip were personally paid for.