DC area fans of Jodi Picoult who have enjoyed her books with themes about family, love, and relationships are invited to join the author for a special evening on August 6 that will include dinner, wine and chocolate tasting, and to be among the first in the country to receive her new fall novel, Leaving Time, at a special book signing. An Evening With Jodi Picoult is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for readers to interact with Jodi and Good Housekeeping’s Editor-in-Chief Jane Francisco, while enjoying live music and food inspired by GH’s Test Kitchen recipes at The Mead Center for American Theater, a gorgeous venue that offers sweeping views of the waterfront and Washington Monument.
Tickets are currently on sale for $95 and include:
- Buffet dinner and wine
- Jodi’s fall novel Leaving Time (before it is available on October 14)
- Chocolate tasting
- Dessert bar featuring recipes from the Good Housekeeping test kitchen
- Live music
- Canvas tote from Random House
- A special gift from Talbots
- Book signing with Jodi Picoult
- Meet & greet with Good Housekeeping‘s Editor in Chief Jane Francisco
- Fall fashion preview, curated by Good Housekeeping and Talbots
- And much more!
About Jodi Picoult’s newest book, Leaving Time
Deeply moving and suspenseful, Leaving Time is a radiant exploration of the enduring love between mothers and daughters. Alice Metcalf, a devoted mother and accomplished scientist who studied grief among elephants, disappears, leaving behind her small daughter, husband, and the animals to which she devoted her life. A decade later, Alice’s now thirteen-year-old daughter, Jenna, refuses to believe her mother chose to desert her, enlisting Serenity Jones and Virgil Stanhope to help her—a disgraced psychic, and the cynical detective who first investigated her mother’s disappearance. Together these three lonely souls will discover truths destined to forever change their lives.
An Evening with Jodi Picoult Event Details
- When: Wednesday, August 6 from 5:00 PM to 9:30 PM
- Where: The Mead Center for American Theater in Washington, D.C.
- Tickets: An Evening with Jodi Picoult tickets are currently on sale for $95
I received a ticket to the event in exchange for this post. Amazon Affiliate links are included in this post. Images courtesy of Random House.