If you’re shopping for a new car and want to explore your options, Ford Motor Company invites you to the EcoBoost Challenge consumer drive tour stopping in 17 cities across the nation this year. This event allows you to get behind the wheel of some of Ford’s most popular vehicles, including back-to-back drives with competitor vehicles, to showcase innovative technology that helps Ford deliver better fuel economy to help you save money at the pump.
The event provides car enthusiasts and consumers with the opportunity to test their reflexes in the ST Reaction Time Challenge, try out the park assist technology, ecoboost capabilities of the Mustang through a dedicated course, the opportunity to put the Fusion Hybrid through its paces, and “ShiftPhobia” boot camp giving consumers a hands-on clinic on the basics of driving a manual – complete with on-course driving instruction from a professional driver!
Vehicles available at the 2015 EcoBoost Challenge include the following 2015 Ford models:
- Mustang featuring an all-new available 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine
- F-150 with its 2.7-liter EcoBoost engine with standard Auto Start-Stop that some in the auto world are saying resets the bar in light-duty pickup truck performance, capability and efficiency, with class-leading EPA-estimated ratings for gasoline-powered full-size pickups
- Edge that comes standard with a twin-scroll 2.0-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder or an available 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6.
- And Expedition, Escape, Fusion Hybrid, and Transit Connect Wagon
2015 EcoBoost Challenge events will take place on Saturdays in March, April, May and June in the cities listed below. Each venue will feature four closed-course setups, plus the street-based park assist route, including an ST Reaction Time Challenge layout, a dedicated Mustang EcoBoost course, “ShiftPhobia” manual transmission driving instruction, and an EcoBoost Challenge Drive allowing participants to drive Ford products against the competition.
Ford EcoBoost Challenge Upcoming Dates and Locations
- Washington, D.C.: FedEx Field, March 28
- Houston: NRG Park, April 18
- Louisville, Kentucky: Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium, April 25
- Phoenix: WestWorld, May 2
- Concord, North Carolina: Charlotte Motor Speedway, May 2
- Seattle: Emerald Downs, May 9
- Chicago: Arlington Park, May 9
- Cincinnati: Forest Fair Village Mall, May 30
- Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh International Race Complex, May 30
- Orlando, Florida: Orange County Convention Center, June 6
- Philadelphia: Wells Fargo Center, June 6
- San Francisco: Oakland Alameda Coliseum, June 13
- Rochester, New York: Monroe Community College, June 13
- Minneapolis: Mall of America, June 20
Participants must pre-register at ecoboostdrive.com. Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Events are open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in most markets.
No compensation was received for this post. Images courtesy of Ford.