This post is sponsored by Evite
When was the last time you hosted a party and sent invitations in the mail? Chances are it’s been awhile because if you’re like me, you turn to Evite first.
Since 1998 Evite has made it easy for us to invite those we know to join our milestone celebrations and fun events. From birthday parties to baby showers, moving announcements to mom’s nights out, trick or treating to tailgating, Evite’s digital invitations have filled inboxes everywhere. Over 25,000 invitations are sent every hour and now with their new Text to Party feature, you can also send evites to guests about party plans via SMS (aka short message service or texting) technology to make coming together even more effortless and just as memorable.
About the Evite Text to Party Feature
Evite is always the easiest way to bring friends and family together for any event and now they’re the first digital invitation service to incorporate SMS technology. This allows hosts to send invitations by text message.
How Evite Text to Party Works
After downloading the app on your mobile phone, select a template for your invitation and add in details for your guests.
Once you give the app permission to access your contacts, it pulls in guest names, emails, and cell phone numbers so you can invite them directly without having to collect any additional information. This allows you to invite everyone at once. Simply tap on guests’ phone numbers from any device and send your guests the invite at the same time.
Not only is the Evite Text to Party feature easy for hosts to use, but it makes replying to invitations easier for your guests too. Evite has found that text messages have double the open rate of email, meaning your invitation will be seen sooner and guests can RSVP in a more timely manner.
How to Use Evite Text to Party to Invite Guests to Your Event
7 Steps to Inviting Guests to Your Next Party via Text
For those who prefer written directions, follow these 7 steps to invite guests to your next event using Evite Text to Party:
- Start by downloading the free app for your iOS or Android device
- Log in and select a template for your invitation
- Customize your invitation with details for guests by including information such as the title, date, location, and a message
- Select “Add Guests” in the bottom right hand corner and if you haven’t already done so, give Evite permission to Access your Contacts when the pop-up appears. Here’s how to provide the Evite app with access to your contacts so it can pull them from your address book: Click on the “Settings” icon > Scroll all the way down until you see a tab for the “Evite” app > Click the “Evite” app > Enable “Contacts”/”Photos”
- Your contacts will appear in a list with their phone numbers
- Tap on guests to add them to your guest list
- Select “Send to # of guests” in the bottom right hand corner. The # depends on how many guests are added and is a great way to double check your guest list to make sure you’ve included everyone you’ve intended to
Guests will receive a text message with your invitation immediately, just as they would receive a regular text. They don’t need to have the Evite app installed in order to RSVP or comment. They can also comment to the group, ask questions, and share photos through the Activity tab before, during, or after your event.
As a host, you’ll still be able to use all of the same Evite features that you’re used to in order to manage your guest list. You’ll be able to see who has opened the invitation, who has RSVPed and left comments, who you need to follow up with before the event, and also track adult and kid RSVPs separately as part of the features for hosts.
I am an Evite Influencer and was compensated for writing this post however all opinions are my own and based on personal experience.