This is a sponsored post
Work smarter, not harder is something we hear often but what if that could also apply to your appliances? While I was at Mom 2.0 in Pasadena, California, I got a look at the newest smart appliances from LG that are designed to make life easier in the kitchen and laundry room.
Smart appliances are part of the smart home products ecosystem. Like a Nest Thermostat, Arlo Cameras, Philips Hue lights, LG’s newest refrigerator, range, dishwasher, and washer and dryer connect to your home’s wifi so they can be managed or monitored remotely through an app or voice-controlled devices like Google Home or Amazon Alexa.
What are some things that smart appliances from LG can do?
- LG’s smart kitchen appliances include the refrigerator, range, and dishwasher. Because they’re wifi and voice-enabled, you can change settings, check statuses, or them turn on and off. This means you can:
- Pull up the SmartThinQ app to check if you’ve left the stove on instead of running back in the house when you’re already late for that soccer game
- Set your dishwasher to send your kids a push notification to their phones when the cycle is done. Maybe this will help them remember to unload the dishwasher in a more timely manner!
- Tell the kids to stop asking you when dinner is ready. Instead, they can simply ask, “Hey Google, how much time is left on the range?” to know when the roast chicken in the oven will be done.
- Ask Alexa to turn on your refrigerator’s ice plus feature for the party you’re throwing tonight while you’re running around the house, finishing last minute tasks