|PlayStation Wonderbook Book of Spells uses augmented reality
and the PlayStation Move controllers
Sitting on the floor or couch, the camera associated with the PlayStation Move recognizes the child and the book but the technology transforms the ordinary physical book into a spell book on the screen akin to what Harry, Ron, and Hermione might use in their Hogwarts classes. Using the PlayStation Move controller, players engage in various tasks to learn proper wand usage before tackling challenges that Potter fans will recognize from the books.
|Augmented reality turns the Wonderbook into the Book of Spells on the screen|
At this time, game play only allows for a single person to sit with the book at a time. While game developers say that children often collaborate around the single book and provide helpful tips and suggestions for the individual holding the Move controller, it would be helpful to have a multi-player option in future versions. I envision a classroom setting like Snape’s potion class where kids can bring their Wonderbooks and use Move controllers to create concoctions out of a myriad of ingredients!
|Harry fans immerse themselves in Hogwarts and challenges
that are based on the J.K. Rowling books
Game play is fun and easy for the whole family as your body serves as the controller. Lean left or right to turn and follow the golden path around the stadium, side jabs at Draco Malfoy help to throw him off your shoulder as he tries to interfere, and when you spot that Golden Snitch, simply reach out to grab it to win the match. In other challenges, games are easily played by leaning and swiping, making it easy for even the youngest to learn the games that older brothers and sisters love. This title will be available for purchase beginning September 1.
- Just Dance 4 by Ubisoft for Wii, Xbox with Kinect, and PlayStation features the hottest new artists in a dance game that is sure to get your hearts pumping and everyone up, wanting to play too. Currently available for preorder through Amazon. This title will be in stores on October 9, 2012.
- Sonic the Hedgehog is being resurrected by Sega so keep an eye out for his spiky blue head!
- Lego Batman 2 capitalizes on the ever growing popularity of superheros and will be available for play on all gaming consoles and the PC ($29.99-$49.99) beginning on June 19.
- Nintendo WiiU with Game Pad While work can be done to make the Game Pad more portable and stylish, Game Pad provides multiple possibilities to play with grownups and adults alike.
- Mature content games such as Hitman: Absolution (November 20), Assasin’s Creed 3 (October 30) and ZombiU had me at their trailers. Gorgeous graphics, smooth game play, and incredible story lines make these titles a must-have for any adults who love shooting or situational games.
|Ubisoft’s Just Dance 4 features all new music that fans will love|
For previous my posts about E3, please visit:
- E3 2012: Snoop Dogg, WiiU, and hot fall video games
- Attending Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) with AMD
- Snoop Dogg at E3 2012 (video)
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama