Mother’s Day is Sunday and if you are still shopping for the perfect gift for your wife, mom, grandmother, or other much loved woman in your love, it may be too late to place online orders from most websites but it’s not too late to pick up some great items from local retailers or capitalize on your Amazon Prime membership for fast delivery. I know for a fact that my husband tends to shop at the last minute when it comes to gifts. He tends to spend a lot of time thinking about it but when it comes to buying, it’s generally done within the week before the occasion. If your guy’s shopping style tends to be more like my husband’s, point him towards these products that can be conveniently found in the Target Electronics section or will ship in time using Amazon Prime as long as they are ordered soon! Samples were received to facilitate my review but no compensation was received.
1. Mara Mi Cases, Folios and Clutches for iPhone 5 ($24.99)— Maybe it’s me but I don’t think that anyone can ever have enough accessories for their iPhone. Pretty prints from the Mara Mi line adorn paper party goods but also a wide selection of gorgeous tech accessories in a variety of vibrant hues and patterns such as this floral one that sets my Marimekko-loving heart aflutter. Available in store from Target Electronics
2. Yurbuds Inspire In-Ear Headphones ($29.99)— When I run with Oliver, my four legged 90 pound running companion, there’s nothing worse than having my headphones fall out and having to stop to manage leash and earbuds. I’ve heard rave reviews about Yurbuds from fitness enthusiasts like my friend Michele from Scraps of My Geek Life. Unlike standard earbuds, Yurbuds are designed to fit smaller ears and feature FlexSoft™ and TwistLock™ technologies that help them stay in your ears even during the most rigorous workouts. The soft silicone that goes in your ear is water and sweat resistant and easy to clean with just a wipe post-workout. Available in store from Target Electronics
3. Blendtec Designer Series Blender ($454.95) — When is it ok to give household appliances as a gift? When they’re high end and the price makes them something of a splurge that that she wouldn’t normally purchase for herself. Blendtec is the Cadillac of blenders. It makes quick work out of blending absolutely everything. If you’ve seen their Will it Blend series on YouTube you know the motor is no match for smartphones, golf balls, glow sticks, and even an iPad so imagine how quickly it will crush, whirl, and blend to create delectable recipes in your kitchen like juices, hummus, soups, pesto, frozen drinks and more! A flat sealed touch area featuring touch screen controls, such as the speed slider and single touch blend cycle buttons, means precise control and an appliance that cleans with just one wipe. So go ahead and replace that buttoned blender that emits a gross burning smell every time you turn it on. Trust me, she’ll thank you. Available from Amazon Prime.
4. Kindle Paperwhite ($119)— I’ve loved the fancy features of the Kindle Fire and Kindle HD but when it comes down to it, all I want for myself is a Kindle that has an amazing battery life for me to use for reading when I travel and the Kindle Paperwhite is that device. I’ve fallen in love with my Paperwhite because it’s highly portable yet features a 6” screen that’s perfect for reading on the go. Covers fit like a glove and don’t add much weight or bulk to the device so it’s still easy to stash in a small purse. The bright screen provides plenty of contrast and auto-adjusts depending on the light in your setting for comfortable reading at all times. Purchasing books using Amazon Whispernet ensures that they’re delivered to my device via the cloud with a single touch and without a wait. This is a device that’s truly worth every penny. Available from Amazon Prime.
5. Samsung GC110 Camera ($449)— After seeing friends with this camera at various conferences and press events, it’s my new object ‘d lust. Sure, the white case is striking but what is even more incredible is the giant touch screen interface on the back that runs on Android Jelly Bean. Thanks to wifi connectivity, the camera allows you to share and upload videos and photos via email and social media platforms on the spot. The GC110 also features a 17x zoom and lots of filters to take your best shot before you share it. It’s a highly functional gorgeous camera that takes incredible photos. Available from Amazon Prime.
6. Speck FabShell Case for iPhone 5 ($29.99)— Gone are the days of unattractive utilitarian cases for iPhones thanks to Speck. I’ve been a fan of their cases for a long time that are soft yet durable and provide just the right amount of grip but the new FabShell cases are not only pretty but provide dual layer protection. The hard outer shell protects your iPhone from the bumps and bruises of daily use while the soft inner shell absorbs any shock that can come from dropping your beloved device. Available in store from Target Electronics