This is a sponsored post
Work smarter, not harder is something we hear often but what if that could also apply to your appliances? While I was at Mom 2.0 in Pasadena, California, I got a look at the newest smart appliances from LG that are designed to make life easier in the kitchen and laundry room.
Smart appliances are part of the smart home products ecosystem. Like a Nest Thermostat, Arlo Cameras, Philips Hue lights, LG’s newest refrigerator, range, dishwasher, and washer and dryer connect to your home’s wifi so they can be managed or monitored remotely through an app or voice-controlled devices like Google Home or Amazon Alexa.
What are some things that smart appliances from LG can do?
- LG’s smart kitchen appliances include the refrigerator, range, and dishwasher. Because they’re wifi and voice-enabled, you can change settings, check statuses, or them turn on and off. This means you can:
- Pull up the SmartThinQ app to check if you’ve left the stove on instead of running back in the house when you’re already late for that soccer game
- Set your dishwasher to send your kids a push notification to their phones when the cycle is done. Maybe this will help them remember to unload the dishwasher in a more timely manner!
- Tell the kids to stop asking you when dinner is ready. Instead, they can simply ask, “Hey Google, how much time is left on the range?” to know when the roast chicken in the oven will be done.
- Ask Alexa to turn on your refrigerator’s ice plus feature for the party you’re throwing tonight while you’re running around the house, finishing last minute tasks
LG’s smart washer and dryer also work in similar ways. You can ask Alexa or Google the amount of time left in the wash cycle, to turn on the dryer, and set SmartThinQ to send notifications that the washer and dryer cycles are done.
While you might think a smart washer and dryer is an unnecessary extravagance, LG’s smart washer and dryer helps teach your kids laundry independence! Putting our kids in charge of their own laundry helps to build capacity and teaches our kids necessary skills they need to operate in the real world. LG washers and dryers with SmartThinQ® technology will change the way you do laundry in more ways than one!
In addition to the many ways the interconnected features of these new smart appliances from LG help you work smarter at home, you’ll also love how they look! LG’s exclusive Matte Black stainless steel combines the timeless look of stainless steel thanks to a luxe & low-gloss matte finish that compliments any kitchen.
With smart appliances from LG, your smart home gets even smarter and if you’re looking to upgrade your kitchen and laundry appliances, Best Buy has a number of different offers to help save you money including:
- Summer Kitchen Bundle- From now to July 11, 2018 purchase a 4-piece Kitchen Bundle and receive up to $400 INSTANT rebate. LG and LG Studio models are eligible for this offer.
- LG Ultimate Laundry Room Rebate — Purchase a qualifying laundry bundle by July 11, 2018 and receive up to a $400 rebate
For more information about smart appliances from LG featuring SmartThinQ Technology, visit:
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.