This post is sponsored by Google
It’s cool to be kind and no one knows that more than Google! In honor of tomorrow being World Kindness Day, (Wednesday, November 13), you’re invited to join me and Google for an #ItsCoolToBeKind Twitter chat. We’ll be talking about simple acts of daily kindness, treating others like they want to be treated both online and in real life, and turning moments of unkindness into teachable moments.
Because kindness matters, Google has created Be Internet Awesome, a free multifaceted program designed to reinforce kindness that encourages our children to behave in safe ways on and offline.
It features free resources for teachers and parents to encourage positive conversations about kindness in our homes and schools at every age and stage. Be Internet Awesome also teaches the fundamentals of digital citizenship and safety so they can develop healthy relationships and explore the online world with confidence.
#ItsCoolToBeKind Twitter Chat Details
Whether Be Internet Awesome is new to you or you’re familiar with Google’s free resources available to parents and educators, you’re invited to join and Google for our Twitter chat.
The hour-long conversation is designed to give you a chance to talk to other parents confronting the same issues you are and learn about free helpful resources to raise confident digital citizens. I’ll also have some great prizes, courtesy of Google!
Here’s what you need to know to participate in the #ItsCoolToBeKind Twitter Chat:
- What: Celebrate World Kindness Day with #ItsCoolToBeKind Twitter Chat
- Who: Hosted by me @TechSavvyMama
- Where: Follow me (@TechSavvyMama), @Google, and use #ItsCoolToBeKind
- How: RSVP using the Google form below and join us on Tuesday, November 13 at 9 pm ET
- Prizes: Those who RSVP and participate in the party are eligible to win Be Internet Awesome Prize Packages that include a Family Guide, Stickers, Pop Socket and screen protector and a grand prize of a Google Nest Home to one very lucky participant
I’m hosting the #ItsCoolToBeKind Twitter chat as part of my #GoogleFamilyPartner responsibilities. This post is sponsored by Google and Be Internet Awesome but all opinions are my own.