Another holiday season has passed and a new year has begun. As we come out of our cheese and remember the fun had with family and friends, it’s a fine time to thank gracious hostesses for memories made. Since you helped consume the bottle of wine and tasty snacks you brought at the start of your stay, some of the best hostess gifts are thoughtful and show how much your time together truly meant.
Along with a handwritten thank you note, send something else. These 4 categories contain items that say thanks but won’t break the bank and make gift giving easy thanks to Amazon Prime.
Best Hostess Gifts
Something Promoting Family Time
As nice as it is to be together, every host breathes a sigh of relief when guests leave. Families with kids of any age appreciate having their space and routines back so a gift that celebrates togetherness is always appreciated. Favorite gifts promoting family time include puzzles and games like:
- Funko Pop! Funkoverse Harry Potter ($39.99, ages 10+)
- Anomia Party Edition ($29.99, ages 10+)
- Friends Monopoly ($24.99, ages 8+)
- Spot It! ($9.99, ages 7+)
- Anomia Kids ($19.99, ages 5+)
Something for Their House They Didn’t Know They Needed
When visiting someone else’s home, you often get ideas for your own home and leave appreciating the small things about your home that make life easier. By gifting your host with something you love that they don’t have in their house, it shows that you were paying attention to your surroundings and want to share the love. Here are some ideas of things you never think you need but end up appreciating:
- Tech upgrade– If you’re their tech savvy friend, things like wall plate outlets with built in USBs ($18.94) will help keep their devices charged while cable clips ($7.99 for 16) can help keep pesky cords from slipping behind furniture and tame the cord clutter everyone has.
- Kitchen helpers– Were there items that needed replacing or were missing from their kitchen that you love having in yours? I find that kitchen items are always appreciated if they’re tried and true like CatTongue Grips Non-Abrasive Utility Grip Tape ($19.99/roll) that can be cut to any size and affixed on all kinds of things add extra grip to everyday items. Everyone has a classic corkscrew but an electric corkscrew ($38.89) makes opening wine bottles much easier.
Something Tasty to Enjoy in the New Year
The best thing about food gifts is that they’re always appreciated because they don’t take up any space once they’re consumed. You can always gift friends and loved ones with a night off from cooking with a restaurant gift card to a favorite place in town. Or why not replenish their supply of spices with a set of 4 healthy handcrafted spices from Tiny Little Chef ($39.95/set- I love the Inflammation Buster!)! If they really love spicy- you can’t go wrong with Sriracha2Go’s Keychain Gift Pack ($18.99) that includes a 9 ounce bottle of sriracha and two keychain travel bottles (a 1 oz and 1.7 ounce) so they’re never without their favorite condiment!
Something for the Dog They Love
Dogs are family so why not spoil the sweet pup who you loved spending time with! BarkBox ($29.99) makes it easy to gift and send a box directly to friends or family. If you’re looking for other ideas, check out my Best Gifts for Dog Lovers (and the dogs they love!).
This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on my link and buy something, I will earn a small commission from the advertiser at no additional cost to you. Samples were received to facilitate this post and no compensation was received for this post. All opinions are my own.