I can’t tell you when I last watched Beetlejuice the movie that starred Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder. I don’t think we’ve ever watched it as a family. #ParentingFail In fact, there’s not much I remember about the movie except for Beetlejuice’s black and white striped suit so I’m excited Beetlejuice is coming to Washington, D.C.’s National Theater May 16-28.
Beetlejuice is based on the 1988 Tim Burton film with the same name. This Tony-award musical comedy is tells the story of Lydia Deetz, a strange and unusual teen whose family moves into a home haunted by the deceased couple who used to live there. Beetlejuice is called upon to rid the home of the ghosts and Lydia’s life changes forever.
Despite the main character being a deranged demon who does a lot of crazy and inappropriate stuff, Beetlejuice has been called “screamingly good fun” by Variety.
Please know this show contains strong language, mature references, and inappropriate stuff and is recommended for ages of 13 and up. It is about 2 hours and 30 minutes and has one intermission.
Beetlejuice at The National Theatre
Beetlejuice opens next Tuesday, May 16 and will be at the National Theatre from Tuesday, May 16 -Sunday, May 28 for 16 performances. Shows are at the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, May 16 at 7:30 pm
- Wednesday, May 17 at 7:30 pm
- Thursday, May 18 7:30 pm
- Friday, May 19 at 7:30 pm
- Saturday, May 20 at 2 pm and 7:30 pm
- Sunday, May 21 at 2 pm and 7:30 pm
- Tuesday, May 23 at 7:30 pm
- Wednesday, May 24 at 7:30 pm
- Thursday, May 25 7:30 pm
- Friday, May 26 at 7:30 pm
- Saturday, May 27 at 2 pm and 7:30 pm
- Sunday, May 28 at 2 pm and 7:30 pm
Tickets start at $85. Use the code SAYMYNAME to get 20% off seats for the as low as $68 for on opening night. This same code can be used to get 20% off tickets for the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday evening performances when purchased through this link.
When I looked, I found discounted seats in all sections. To give you an idea of pricing, Orchestra seats were as low as $84 (regularly $105/each) and Balcony seats for $68 (normally $85/each).
Applying the SAYMYNAME Discount for Beetlejuice Tickets
When searching for Beetlejuice tickets, you’ll do it through the Ticketmaster site. The code SAYMYNAME actually unlocks tickets at a special rate called Influencers for select seats for the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday evening performances. Here are the steps you need to go through to use the code to unlock special pricing for seats during these two shows:
1. To use the SAYMYNAME discount code, log into your Ticketmaster account.
2. Select the show date and time.
3. Click the Unlock icon in the upper right corner of the screen and enter the code SAYMYNAME.
4. This will bring up a seat map with available seats and rates using the SAYMYNAME code.
5. You should see an unlocked locked and Influencer pricing underneath the Section and Row.
6. Select your seats with the Influencer pricing discount. I found Orchestra seats for as low as $84 (regularly $105/each) and Balcony seats for $68 (normally $85/each).
The code SAYMYNAME is good for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday evening performances.
UPCOMING SHOWS AT THE NATIONAL THEATRE
Broadway at The National has also announced shows for their 2023/2024 season. I’m excited about The Wiz, Book of Mormon, Peter Pan, Annie, and more! Click here to take a look at the 2023/2024 shows and get information about subscription benefits and pricing.
The National Theatre provided me with tickets in exchange for this post. Images courtesy of Beetlejuice and The National Theatre. Affiliate links included in this post.