As a native Californian, I’m wild for See’s Candy. I think my love of See’s goes back to my childhood when I spent many Sunday mornings at my grandmother’s house chatting over countless boxes of chocolate. Those mornings were crucial in imparting an unparalleled knowledge of the identifying marks on each piece of candy and its hidden filling. You may think such knowledge is trivial until Tech Savvy Daddy wants the Raspberry Cream and gets some nut filled chocolate that he despises!
Anyways, the See’s stores I grew up with haven’t made it out to the East Coast. The temporary mall kiosks don’t quite cut it when you are used to creating your custom box of chocolate with your favorites, free of all the ones that, IMHO, aren’t worth the space in the box.
Thank goodness for See’s custom mix creator that allows you to fill your perfect 1, 2, 3, or 5 pound box with the click of a mouse. I can click check up to 10 delectable favorites to fill my box and have See’s appear at my doorstep.
And the rest of the site is a shopping dream. So maybe my monitor doesn’t ooze the sweet chocolately goodness that fills the retail stores but there’s something to be said for easy online holiday shopping where I can find gifts for everyone on one website.
The site is so full of chocolately goodness that I’ve devised a list of budget friendly gifts for each of your of potential gift giving needs:
- Need to contribute something to the company office party? See’s Party Tray has something to please everyone.
- Gift for your child’s overworked teacher? You can’t go wrong with a box of the truffles! Or how about some of their new melt-in-your-mouth Egg Nog Truffles with a gift card to your local coffee house?
- Stocking stuffers for Little Miss Techie and Captain Computer? Always the Holiday Friends box sent from my parents in California.
- Hostess gift? The Poinsettia Box is something that can be enjoyed after the guests depart.
- For the eco-conscious? Give the Christmas Memories Tin or the Deluxe Winter Fancy whose reusable containers make an earth friendly gift.
- Kosher gifts for those celebrating Hanukkah? Choose the buttery Peanut Brittle or super yummy lollypops (mmmm…Butterscotch!)
- An entire office staff ? There are corporate rates for gifts too!
- And if you want to give a gift to your child’s entire school, organize a See’s chocolate fundraiser. I’ve ordered through See’s fundraisers before and while I can’t get my custom mix, I can still select from almost all of the great gifts on their website while helping an organization raise money. How great is that?
There are so many great gifts to choose from. If you can’t decide…Well, send me an e-mail and I promise to use my knowledge of See’s to be your personal advisor! After all, See’s just isn’t any chocolate. It’s the best stuff out there. Trust me!
Now back to eating my 2 pound custom mix….
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama