What kind of parent are you? Thanks to T-Mobile’s Mom to Mom quiz, parenting types have been redefined. Gone are the 4 parent types I learned about in my college psychology classes well before the thought of having my own kids crossed my mind. Most of the terms (indulgent, authoritarian, authoritative, and uninvolved) with their negative connotations, made me cringe. After all, would you classify yourself as an indulgent or permissive parent? Are you the highly demanding authoritarian type who always orders your kids around? Or worse yet…Uninvolved!
I didn’t think so!
The new parenting styles are sassy, fun, and determined by a quick and easy 10 question quiz that deals with how you would handle real life situations.
As the mom of a 5 and 2 ½ year old, I had fun fast forwarding into the future and thinking about how I might handle situations like Little Miss Techie wanting a car when she gets her license, Captain Computer dating, wanting to take a year off before college, or embarrassing my kids by dropping them off at the movies. Before I was too scared by the possibilities of the teenage years, the quiz was over.
I suppose I wasn’t really surprised that my parenting style is that of a Terrific Teach. The teacher in me is always seizing teachable moments and encouraging Little Miss Techie and Captain Computer to explore the world.
I’m curious to know what you are so take a few minutes to take the quiz and leave a comment sharing what kind of parent you are!
Everyone who leaves a comment will be entered to win the T-Mobile MOTO w233 Renew, the world’s first mobile phone made using recycled water bottles and will work with the Family Allowances plan. For more details about the phone, check out my review. Or click here to learn about Family Allowances.
If you are seeking extra entries, the Mom to Mom quiz makes it super easy with built in sharing tools:
- Create a customized badge with your image and post it on your site. Leave a comment with a link to your site. The Share tab makes it easy to embed code on your site!
- Blog about your parenting style as determined by the quiz and the giveaway and leave a comment with your permalink.
- Tweet about your parenting style by clicking on the Post tab underneath your results and include a link to your Tweet in your comment.
- Post your customized badge on your Facebook page using the Share tab and leave a comment.
- Or choose another way to share the quiz (like via e-mail for non bloggers!) and leave me a comment telling me what you did.
Leave a separate comment for each entry and good luck!
Fine print: To be eligible, enter by completing the above tasks and leaving your comments by Monday, June 15 at Midnight. One person can enter multiple times by completing each of the tasks as outlined above. Winner will be chosen at random by Random.org and will need to reply with their mailing address 48 hours to claim their prize. Products will only be shipped within the United States.
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama