- Apartments – College students can use this application to take the stress out of finding a place to live once they move out of the dorms.
- Glympse – Want your friends to know what new hotspot you’ve found? You’re one e-mail, text message or tweet from safely sharing your location in real time with one friend, or your entire entourage. This application is exclusive to Android Market.
- Layar – Layar’s augmented reality display will make any student’s life easier, providing a view through your phone’s camera and highlighting locations of interest including popular nightspots, restaurants, shops, and more. This application is exclusive to Android Market.
- Locale – Don’t want to be the person with the Lady Gaga ringtone going off at full volume in the middle of class? Now you don’t have to be! Locale lets you change your phone’s settings based on your location.
- Math Alarm Clock – Stop being the victim of the easy snooze button! This alarm makes sure you’re awake by testing your alertness with math problems before allowing you to turn it off.
- nuTsie – Get your iTunes playlist streamed right to your phone! nuTsie allows you to listen to your own music, or mix in some of their recommendations, based on your preferences. Find that perfect soundtrack for the long walks to class, or to inspire you through your workout! This application costs $14.95 and is exclusive to Android Market.
- PicSay – With PicSay, you can quickly add word balloons, titles and props to the pictures on your cell phone. Enhance them with various color correction, highlighting and distortion effects and then easily share them with your friends and family via e-mail, your blog, or the popular photo sharing sites on the web.
- handyCalc – You could buy a graphing calculator for $100, bring it with you to every class, and try not to forget it at home. Or you could download this highly-rated, free application on Android Market.
- ShopSavvy – Textbooks and other back-to-school supplies can take a big bite out of your budget. Save money by using ShopSavvy’s barcode scanner to compare prices online and at local stores.
- StudyDroid Flashcards – This simple and handy tool can be customized with any information you need to study for the next test. Once you’ve created a deck of flashcards, you can share them online!
This content was provided by T-Mobile for my back to school series. No compensation was received for this post. The MyTouch that was provided for review purposes was returned per our agreement.
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama