Looking for a new computer and trying to avoid the same old boring box?
HP presents a fresh entry to the home PC category with their media-rich TouchSmart 600 PC.
First, the facts:
- Elegant, slim Integrated All-in-one PC.
- 23 Inch Full HD 1080P touchscreen (yes, touch screen!)
- HDMI + Composite Video Ports
- Windows 7 Premium
- Wireless keyboard and mouse
- Slot loading DVD drive with optional Blu-Ray player.
- Built in premium speakers
- Integrated tilting webcam and microphone.
- Wifi, Bluetooth.
- Integrated card slot transferring photos from your camera
- Optional HTDV tuner
A last minute item to consider this holiday season is the HP TouchSmart 600 a media-rich PC with a huge touchscreen. Suitable as a great PC/TV, it might be the only screen a person needs. While I haven’t been able to personally test out this product, HP has generously agreed to give one of these away to our readers. Click on the entry form at the bottom of the review to enter!
From the TouchSmart application, you can surf the web, organize your photos, make notes, or utilize the touch-enabled Apps. These include Twitter, Hulu, Netflix, Pandora and more. It also includes Microsoft’s Touch Pack for Windows 7 applications and games, which contains Microsoft Surface Globe, Microsoft Surface Lagoon, Microsoft Rebound, Microsoft Garden Pond, and Microsoft Blackboard.
The PC can be used as a Home Theater PC to watch TV (with the optional HTDV tuner card), to watch streaming Netflix movies, or as the display for a gaming system such as an xBox. You can play DVDs, scroll through your media, organizing and editing your content. It supports the Windows 7 fast-startup and shutdown feature, allowing you quick access to your PC without having to wait to come back from hibernation.
Since we haven’t had a chance to play with it, please check out the full specs and videos at HP’s website.
My giant LCD monitor looks so inferior to the 23 inch touchscreen on the TouchSmart 600. Seeing the touch control of the applications, I can’t help but think that we’ll all be controlling our PCs this way in a few years…. maybe sooner if you win.
To enter to win, click here to leave a comment about 2 things you would like best about the HP TouchSmart600.
For 7 extra entries, use the Google Form and do any of the following:
- Tweet this: @TechSavvyMama is giving away a HP TouchSmart 600 touchscreen computer worth $1000! Enter here: http://tr.im/HEef
- Write a post about this giveaway and include “TechSavvyMama is giving away a HP TouchSmart 600 touchscreen computer” and why you want to win with a link to this post: Then leave the permalink to your post in your comment.
- Add the Tech Savvy Mama button to your site and leave the link in your comment. Use the HTML that can be found on the right side of this site. Leave a link to your site in the comment.
- Follow Tech Savvy Mama on Twitter and leave your Twitter handle in your comment.
- Follow Tech Savvy Mama on through Facebook Networked Blogs and leave your Facebook name in your comment.
- Follow Tech Savvy Mama by subscribing via e-mail. Leave a comment with your e-mail address.
- Follow Tech Savvy Mama by subscribing via a Feed. Leave a comment telling me which feed reader you use (BlogLines, Google Reader, etc.)
Fine print: All comments must be submitted through the Google Form and contain a valid street address. No post office boxes or addresses outside the United States. Entries must be received by Thursday, December 17 by 11:59 pm. Each individual has 8 opportunties to enter. Winner will be selected on Friday and notified via e-mail. Winner must respond within 24 hours or another winner will be selected from valid entries. Product will be shipped directly by HP to the winner. Leticia (aka Tech Savvy Mama) is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or missing items.
This giveaway was generously provided by HP and I was not compensated to host this giveaway or share any of this information nor was I given a product to review.
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama