There was always Chanel Number 5 on my mom’s dresser. Growing up, I realized that the iconic fragrance bottle embodied more than just a part of her perfume collection. Chanel represented couture at its finest. High fashion often comes with a large price tag but thanks to many online retailers, current fashion houses like Prada, Gucci, and Yves St. Laurent sell designer brands and accessories for discounted prices.
Whether seeking high fashion finds for men, women, children, or your home, here are some of my favorite sites that are fun for window shopping, scoring a deal on this season’s it handbag, dress, or boots, or shopping for the loves of your life! After all, Valentine’s Day will be here before we know it!
All of the below sites are member only sites that I have belonged to for at least 6 months or more. I love to troll them to keep up with the latest fashions and browse just as a guilty pleasure. I am sharing them with you because they are closed but I can invite friends to enjoy the huge discounts available to members. If you would like an invitation to any of the sites mentioned below, feel free to use the codes that I have posted at the end of the site description or leave a comment with your e-mail letting me know that you would like an invite.
Please note that I do get a referral bonus when you do make your first purchase but you are not obligated to make a purchase and I am not trying to scam you into joining so I can get designer duds for less. I like to share my favorite sites with you and pass along the savings.
That being said, here are my favorite member-only shopping sites to get the great goods for less!
Shopping Sites for Men, Women, and Home
- Beyond the Rack– Beyond the Rack prides themselves on being an invitation only “private shopping club for women and men who want designer brand apparel and accessories at prices up to 70% off retail.” Their limited time events make authentic designer items available beginning at 11 each day. As a member, you receive an e-mail with a preview of the upcoming sales where limited quantities, styles, or sometimes sizes are available on a first come first served basis. All items come with a 100% guarantee of authenticity. In the past, I’ve seen items like Gucci eyewear, Prada handbags, Rock and Republic Jeans, along with items from sportswear and shoes from Ed Hardy. One upcoming sale includes lingerie from Beyonce’s Deréon line. Membership is free but to join, leave a comment with your e-mail so I can invite you! Note: I do get a $10 referral bonus when you make your first purchase but I am not trying to scam my readers in order to score my favorite stuff at a huge discount!
- Rue La La– This invitation only “online destination” site is a place that negotiates “private sale prices on some of the most sought after brands in fashion and home.” E-mails with previews are sent out for sales that begin at 11 am and last either two or three days. Rock & Republic, La Perla, and Joan & David were some of the fashions available at the time I wrote this but besides the designer duds, Rue La La has also offered hotel and trips over the past couple of days. Windstar Cruises has staterooms available for their 7 night Barbados and St. Martin cruises on their gorgeous yachts for $2300 and up which have me dreaming of a week long getaway while the kids enjoy Camp Grandma and Grandpa! W Hotels has also discounted hotel rooms in select cities and let’s just say their price is less than what I paid for the group rate of the W Hotel in Atlanta when there for Blogalicious. Of course, certain dates and terms apply for travel related items so read carefully before you score that deal. Like Beyond the Rack, Rue La La is invite only but I’m happy to invite you if you leave a comment with your e-mail! Note: I get a $10 referral bonus when you make your first purchase but again, I am not trying to scam my readers in order to score my stuff for free!
- Totsy– Totsy features brand specific sales on prenatal care products, baby gear, travel accessories, bedding and bath, children’s clothing, toys, DVDs, and educational materials that last for 48-72 hours. Totsy sends out a daily e-mail with their current sale and their upcoming sales so you can plan your shopping accordingly. This week’s sales include Lillé Baby items for the baby on the go, Kiwi Industries’ classic kids’ clothes, Plan Toys’ natural and nontoxic toys, Saurette clothing for girls, and Dozydotes kid sized chairs. I love visiting the Totsy Blog for posts by my favorite fashion forward moms, Audrey McClelland of MomGenerations and MomTrend’s Nicole Feliciano. Audrey and Nicole always share stylin’ mom looks to avoid the frump, have great tips on travel, organization, and more, and scope out celebrity looks you can steal for less! Totsy also features a Wish List, is the first private 100% eco-friendly sales business that seeks sustainability and initiatives for social responsibility, and plants a tree for every purchase you make to help reduce reforestation. Membership is by invitation only but feel free to use the code “luvyourbody” to get an invitation. Note: This is my personal invitation code but like I’ve said, I am more interested in sharing the fabulous discounts with you rather than furthering my own shopping addiction with the $15 credit I get when you make your initial purchase.
- bTrendie– bTrendie was founded for those parents “who love great sales but shudder at the thought of shopping at mega-marts filled with impersonal things that all look the same- especially with small children at their heels.” Hmmm…Sound familiar? As much as I wish bTrendie was around when Little Miss Techie and Captain Computer were little, I love their sales events that seek out mompreneurs while bringing the best of what’s new in the kid-dom and the most sought after products to one place on the web. This week’s sales feature Neige clothing at 50% off, One Ruby Lane’s bejeweled shoes that will put the sparkle in your little girl’s step, Mountain Buggy’s infamous stroller and cot sets at 65% off (total score!), BuddyTops adorable plush hats, and Sweet Cottons pima cotton long sleeve Ts for baby. Events open at 7 am PST, 10 am EST on Mondays and 11 am PST, 2 pm EST on Thursdays and in the event that a time changes, reminders e-mails are sent to keep you up to date. Generally events are open for 48 hours but can be as short as 36 hours or as long as 72 hours. Membership is free but to join, leave a comment with your e-mail so I can invite you! Note: I do get a $10 referral bonus when you make your first purchase but I really am just trying to share the savings!
If you are tired of me blabbing about member only sites perhaps you have already moved on to another post. If you are still here and more interested in the consumable than the fashionable, Jasmere.com is your place to visit today. Featured on Tech Savvy Mama before, Jasmere was founded by my friend, Katrina. It is a shopping site uses the power of group buying to bring you the best prices on top quality goods by up and coming designers.
Beginning at Noon today, Jasmere will feature Simply Divine Brownies, brownies baked from scratch by a bakery in Maine using only the finest confections. To browse their website makes my mouth water and Jasmere.com is offering to have them shipped on Feb 10 for Feb 12-13 arrival, putting them at your door in time for Valentine’s Day!
Be on the lookout for other fabulous upcoming Jasmere offerings including:
- Lingerie from Julianna Rae (Friday, January 29 at Noon)- Yummy in their own right, Julianna Rae designs luxurious lingerie made from silk, fine cotton, and beautiful lace that feels heavenly against bare skin. If you saw The Proposal, Sandra Bullock wore their gowns and robes while trying to keep everything covered from Ryan Reynolds. Jasmere.com will feature 4 different collections of Julianna Rae items with the price starting at $99 or less on Friday, January 29 at Noon.
- SweetRiot Chocolates (Tuesday, Feburary 2 at Noon) –Founder friend Katrina stopped by to bring me a sample of SweetRiot when the flu had hit our house hard it. A little tin of all natural dark chocolately “peaces” made of premium high quality ingredients sat on the counter waiting for me to get well. The wait was worth it because eating a couple of these tiny cacao nibs is pure bliss! I also love that the company believes in fair trade with developing companies and celebrates culture and diversity through their products. A special Valentine pack of SweetRiot’s super-delicious chocolates will be featured on Jasmere.com beginning on Tuesday, Feburary 2 at Noon.
This post about designer fashions and couture was inspired by Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky by Chris Greenhalgh. I received a review copy of the book from the Silicon Valley Moms Blog Book Club. No compensation was received for mentioning any of the above member only shopping sites although if you request an invitation through me, I will receive a credit ranging from $10-15 for use on the site when you make your first purchase. Mentions of upcoming sales on Jasmere.com were not compensated although I did receive a sample of SweetRiot chocolates which were kept and consumed.
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama