Did you know that today, February 9, is Clean Out Your Computer Day?
Anecdotal evidence demonstrates that many valuable hours are often wasted because of slow computers. Psychological research also documents the negative influences of clutter – digital or otherwise – in our life. Despite this research, few users take time to proactively clean out their computers. Today is the perfect day to jump-start your spring cleaning, remove frustrating clutter and recover lost hours in your days.
If you are experiencing problems with your PC, you might want to try System Mechanic from Iolo Technologies. System Mechanic is a program that is designed to fix, speed up and maintain PCs so they run like new forever. The software allows you to tune up your PC so it will run quickly, safely, and error-free. With one click, System Mechanic enables you to detect and repair problems, run essential fixes, and perform automated maintenance.
The brand new System Mechanic 9.5 has new features such as:
- Total Registry Revitalizer: Newly discovered problem areas in Windows 7 are detected and resolved with System Mechanic’s updated registry cleaning and repair technology that repairs, compacts, defragments, and backs up the registry in one step.
- PC Cleanup PowerTool™: System Mechanic’s PC Cleanup Power Tool has been enhanced with new methods of locating and removing junk files and clutter unique to Windows 7.
- Jump Lists: System Mechanic 9.5 now supports this new popular feature of Windows 7. More advanced than shortcuts, Windows 7 Jump Lists let you get inside your favorite programs and ‘jump’ directly to the functions you use most. System Mechanic’s Jump List lets you optimize your PC with a click of a button, giving you fast access to system analyses, repairs, and some of the program’s most frequently used optimization tools.
Additional enhancements in System Mechanic 9.5 include:
- Hundreds of new Tune-up Definitions™ for even more effective tune-ups: Since its official launch in June 2009, iolo Labs has been busy studying and analyzing Windows 7 performance degradation trends and patterns. The newest Tune-up Definition updates give the product the knowledge to intelligently identify even more causes of performance and stability degradation, resulting in more effective repairs and optimizations than ever before.
- PC Health Status Gadget: Designed for both Windows Vista and Windows 7 machines, System Mechanic’s PC Health Status Gadget provides real-time status reports on a computer’s health, a running feed of the repairs and optimizations performed by System Mechanic, as well as drill-down access to any detected problems and system warnings. It also gives you a quick and easy way to access the most commonly used functions in System Mechanic, such as Memory Mechanic® and EnergyBooster™.
Iolo Technologies gave me a couple of copies of System Mechanic to try and I shared one with a colleague who mentioned that her home computer was sluggish. She ran different optimizers using System Mechanic and while it took awhile, she felt that the main advantage of System Mechanic over using Windows Systems Applications is that everything she needed was in one place.
GIVEAWAY: If you are feeling like your PC is in need of a tune-up in honor of Clean Out Your Computer Day, enter to win one of 5 copies of System Mechanic 9.5 by letting me know why your computer is in desperate need of an overhaul.
5 lucky Tech Savvy Mama readers will be sent a code to download the full version of System Mechanic for up to 3 PCs which is good for an entire year. Be sure to leave your e-mail in your comment so I can contact you when you win! Fine print: System Mechanic is good for PCs only. Winners will be selected by Random.org in a week and will receive a code via e-mail to download the full version of System Mechanic from the Iolo website.
Thanks to Iolo Technologies for providing a review copy of System Mechanic and giveaway copies. No compensation was received for this post and all opinions are my own.
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama