Last night Jennifer Gerlock and Lara DiPaola of MomzShare brought together almost 80 bloggers for a networking event that benefitted the American Cancer Society (ACS). Hosted by the wonderful Jessica McFadden of A Parent of Silver Spring fame at The Little Gym, the night’s theme was finding your passion and tailoring your blog to your goals.
One of the questions that we received from Lauree, a life coach from Simply Leap, asked who we are when we are at our best. When I’m at my best, I am using my passion for blogging and my personal network of brands and bloggers to unite people and companies towards a common goal. Last night’s MomzShare was akin to the perfect alignment of planets in the solar system to benefit a wonderful cause that has touched everyone in some way shape or form. (Planet reference was for you Susan!)
A couple of weeks ago I went to Fort Lauderdale to meet with BitDefender about my new role as Chief BitMom. I was getting to know the company and product when I heard that they had just announced that they would be giving a portion of proceeds from every sale of their software to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation. Seeing the newly branded boxes with the pink ribbon and hearing our marketing guru, Pete, talk about the importance of charitable giving immediately made me think of MomzShare and my involvement in ACS’ Bloggers for More Birthdays.
Suddenly I was talking about how great it would be to get BitMoms involved with MomzShare, sending an email to Jennifer and Lara, and within minutes, had a commitment from BitMoms to donate $1000 to the cause. Yes, $1000! Plus BitMoms swag!
The week after I came home from Florida, I received an email about helping ACS celebrate their 97th birthday by building awareness and getting more people to sign up for the More Birthdays movement. Party hats, t-shirts, and bumper stickers were on their way for the celebration so what a perfect thing to bring to MomzShare!
So last night everything came together beautifully! The wonderful Lara put her Martha Stewart-like skills to good use in crafting an Ed McMahon- Publisher’s Clearing House-size check from BitMoms to present to Sunday Stillwell and Susan aka WhyMommy from Toddler Planet.
Beautiful gift baskets from local businesses and BitMoms were arranged, raffle tickets were purchased, and attendees went home with some fabulous items- all in the name of the American Cancer Society!
At the end of the night, the cash box was quite full as were our stomachs as we dined on delectable eats from local business owners while networking to make connections that will certainly benefit everyone in the future.
Like Cinderella after the ball, the night may be over but our work isn’t. Here’s how you can get involved:
- Visit ACS’ More Birthdays site to be part of their movement. Spread awareness by sending an ecard, creating your birthday page, declaring ACS as your official birthday cause via Facebook, make a donation, and bloggers- please get a badge for your site to show your support!
- Participate in Team WhyMommy Relay for Life by donating or becoming a team member who will walk in Catonsville, MD on June 12
- Join me on BitMoms to learn how you can keep your family safe online and while you are there, view wonderful pictures and video interviews with MomzShares attendees
- MomzShare for a wonderful night
- Jessica and The Little Gym for being our hosts
- All the companies who donated gift baskets and prepared delicious food
- American Cancer Society for providing t-shirts, bumper stickers, and party hats
- And special thanks to my new company, BitDefender, who made a donation from BitMoms to the American Cancer Society and not hesitating about providing an iPod as part of a gift basket.
Photos courtesy of Lolli (aka @1momof5 from Better in Bulk) and Dumb Mom who blogs at Parenting By Dummies and posts her pictures at thenagainphoto on Flickr. For more photos, visit MomzShare on Flickr.
I am employed by BitDefender to serve as their Chief BitMom for our online community but I am not required to mention the company or the community on my personal site. I voluntarily participate in ACS’ Bloggers for More Birthdays to raise awareness of this very important cause.
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama