Another school year is underway, Education Nation has launched, Waiting for Superman is on movie screens, and we all want to give our children the best possible school experience. Knowing that literacy statistics in recent years have been discouraging at best, last year LeapFrog decided they had to do more to help our youngest kids get started on the right foot. LeapFrog focused on kindergarten and donated $1.5 million in Tag Readers and books.
- 96% said their students’ attitudes about reading improved
- 95% said their students wanted to spend more time reading
- 97% said their students’ reading skills improved
LeapFrog’s wonderful educational products that have been proven to help kids learn and their generosity towards teachers are just some of the reasons why I love working with them.
About a month ago, LeapFrog announced a giving program to get Tag learn-to-read systems to the teachers and children who need them most. Called Tag. Give. Read, this new program is designed to empower anyone to “give the gift of reading” by putting Tag materials into the hands of 30,000 more students.
As part of the program, LeapFrog is donating $100,000 to DonorsChoose.org to match funds for teachers who want Tag Readers for their classrooms and announced that for each new Facebook fan, they’d give a Kindergarten teacher a Tag book, up to 25,000 books. The goal of 25,000 fans was reached in just 6 days and while LeapFrog increased the number of books to 50,000, they well surpassed that number with 93,112 fans as of writing this post.
While the Facebook goal has been reached, it isn’t too late for you to get involved to make a teacher’s wishes come true by doing the following:
- GIVE TO A TEACHER. LeapFrog has donated $100,000 to DonorsChoose.org, to match donations, dollar-for-dollar, made to teachers who request Tag for their classrooms. This is teachers’ opportunity to post a request for Tag Readers and books, being sure to reference “LeapFrog Tag Readers” in the request. And it’s everyone else’s opportunity to help a teacher out. Everyone can give, no amount is too little, and LeapFrog’s gift effectively doubles every dollar given.
- “LIKE” LEAPFROG ON FACEBOOK. LeapFrog’s gift of a Tag book to a kindergarten teacher for each new Facebook fan we get—it’s what they are calling their “Virtual Book Drive.” This allows someone who is unable to contribute financially to lend a hand by becoming a fan.
- SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT TAG. GIVE. READ. with the teachers and parents in their communities. Tell the other parents you see at the bus stop, at PTA meetings, on the soccer field etc. about what LeapFrog is doing and encourage them to donate too.
GIVEAWAY: Make a teacher’s wishes come true and be entered to win LeapFrog products for yourself and a teacher of your choice!
By helping teachers put Tags in the hands of their students, you’ll be entered to win an amazing package that includes a Tag Reading System, United States Interactive Map, and 2 additional books for your use at home AND you will also get to choose a kindergarten teacher to receive a Tag “kit” for classroom use that includes:
How do you enter to win Tags for yourself and a set for a beloved kindergarten teacher?
Do any of the following:
- Give a gift of Tags by donating to DonorsChoose.org and come back and leave a link to the teacher’s wish list page in your comment as an entry. If you donate to multiple teachers’ requests for Tags, each time you donate, your donation counts as an entry. Just leave a separate comment for each donation.
- Leave a comment telling me that you Like LeapFrog on Facebook.
- Tell me how you have shared Tag. Give. Read with others in your community. Did you tell the other parents you see at the bus stop, at PTA meetings, or on the soccer field? Did you encourage your child’s teacher to visit this post and enter? Every time you tell someone about Tag. Give. Read., leave a comment telling me what you did.
Ready, set…Tag. Give. Read and donate, like, and share and continue doing so until comments close on November 15! Good luck!
Fine print: Entries must include an email address or Twitter handle to count as eligible entries. LeapFrog will directly ship all materials to the giveaway winner and their designated teacher via UPS to a US shipping address. Winner must supply name, address, phone number, and email address for themselves and the winning teacher for shipping purposes.
I am a weekly columnist for The LeapFrog Community. No compensation was received for this post but LeapFrog does provide me with products to review and write about for my column. Images courtesy of LeapFrog.
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama