This post is sponsored by DYMO.
- Label mailboxes in the mail room. Have you ever tried to sort mail into unlabeled mailboxes? ‘Nuff said!
- Affix a name label to the outside of cubes and doors so new employees can find and get to know their colleagues quickly. This also prevents aimless wandering by visitors.
- Remind colleagues to “Dial 9” when sending outgoing faxes with a label on the fax machine to prevent endless questions about why the fax machine won’t work.
- Label the conference room speakerphone with the phone number and Skype it out quickly when people forget the call-in number.
- Ensure that every supply has a place in the supply room and label their locations. Being able to see where supplies go makes it easy for colleagues to find what they are looking for, return extra supplies, and streamlines the re-order process.
- Deciphering handwritten file folder labels can be a nightmare. File them away quickly with easily read labels made on the LabelWriter.
- Remind colleagues when the office fridge is subject to its regular purge. “Fridge cleaned every Friday” is a helpful reminder that will keep your fridge from being overstuffed and moldy.
- Label the pots of coffee so that poor decaf drinking soul won’t be wired all week when they pick up the pot of regular by mistake.
- Help a non-tech savvy colleague by labeling their cords. A little time spent labeling now is a worthwhile investment! Trust me!
- Affix your name to your red stapler so your cubemate doesn’t claim it as their own and you don’t have to hunt for it when it goes missing.
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama