If you are looking for a fun way to blow off some steam during the cold of winter or to escape the heat of summer, Port Discovery Children’s Museum in Baltimore offers interactive exhibits and programs for kids ages 2-10.
Activities are included in the cost of museum admission ($12.95 for ages 2 and up, 2 and under free). Tickets can be purchased in advance or at the door.
- Familiarize yourself with Port Discovery by taking a look at the Virtual Tour and museum map prior to your visit.
- Convenient parking in adjacent garages costs around $13 on the weekends. Be forewarned that none of them tell you the cost of parking until you are ready to exit but the convenience is worthwhile!
- You can purchase tickets online but will need to visit the window to get numbered wristbands for everyone in your party. While this can take extra time especially if you are visiting during special events, it is to ensure safety of your children. Upon exiting Port Discovery, your wristband numbers will be checked along with your children’s to make sure they match. I prefer the added security even it means a little extra wait time to get my wristband upon entry!
- Stash stuff in the lockers right inside the entrance but bring quarters.
- Bring lunch which can be eaten at the tables near the lockers. Conveniently located kid-friendly fare includes the McDonald’s just outside the museum’s doors and the Panera that’s a block away as you head towards the Inner Harbor.
- Having a second adult is extremely helpful. With kids 2 1/2 years apart, it was nice to be able to split up so Little Miss Techie could do the creative stuff to her heart’s content while Captain Computer fixed meals in the Tiny Diner and played in the Royal Farms convenience store. Come to think of it, we didn’t see each other all day until it was time to leave!
- Keep an eye on your kids while they are climbing through Kid Works, or better yet, get in there with them! Depending on the age of your child, there is a chance they could feel stuck like poor Captain Computer did when trying to get down the rock climbing wall! I love that Port Discovery staff is located throughout the Kid Works to assist kids just in case!
- If you’ve enjoyed your visit, you can apply your cost of admission towards a membership for future visits.
- Like Port Discovery on Facebook
- Follow Port Discovery on Twitter
- Subscribe to my site via feed, Networked Blogs, or email
- Like Tech Savvy Mama on Facebook
- Tweet this daily and leave a link to your Tweet in each comment: @TechSavvyMama & @PortDiscovery are giving away 4 tickets 4 your family to join the Chinese New Year’s Celebration on 1/29! Enter here: http://nblo.gs/dal2T
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama