I could be lamenting the fact that our youngest is starting kindergarten or that our oldest, now 8, is going to be a big second grader as I race to the store to buy all the school supplies our kids need but instead the team at Splash Creative Media came up with a campaign to celebrate the start of school called Fill the Backpack. Now in our second year we’re doing it bigger and better with an overstuffed Lands’ End backpack filled with goodies from companies like Eventbrite, LeapFrog, Mabel’s Labels, HP, and more with a retail value of over $700!
Fill the Backpack benefits Communities in Schools
This isn’t just an ordinary giveaway. It’s also a way for Splash Creative Media to give back. 10% of our net profits are going to our nonprofit beneficiary, Communities in Schools, a wonderful organization that surrounds students with a “community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.”
A donation to Communities In Schools is an investment in the future of our country. For approximately $200 per child per year, we are able to keep 97 percent of the young people we serve in school and on track to graduation.
The Fill the Backpack Giveaway includes:
- Leapfrog: LeapFrog’s Leapster Explorer ($69.99) provides handheld learning experiences in a portable device designed for ages 4-9. It serves as a mobile hub for downloadable Learning Apps that include eBooks, video, games, and flash cards that auto adjust during game play according to a child’s needs and skills and works with LeapFrog cartridges (prices vary).
- Sleep Innovations: Help your kids get proper rest, so they can study better Sleep Innovations REMedy Study Bundle set containing a twin XL, contains a 1 1/2 inch twin XL-size gel memory foam topper and gel memory foam pillow in a reusable zippered canvas bag.($80)
- Etymotic: an exciting new family product from Etymotic that will be released next month! You’ll be among the first to own it! ($49 or $79)
- Mabels Labels: The Ultimate Back to School Combo ($39) with everything you need for labeling everything for back to school, and Bag Tags ($21)
- Marble Jar: Looking for a way to help reinforce positive behavior for your family? The Marble Jar app for iPhone ($2.99) can help.
- ChicaLogic: ChicaLogic is a company that creates software for women, by women to keep your PC running smoothly. ChicaPC Shield ($29.95) and ChicaPC Fix ($29.95) work to scan your PC to find and remove threats caused by malware invasions and errors caused by regular use.
- Lands’ End: You can’t beat Lands’ End backpacks for durability and quality for kids of all ages. (prices vary)
- Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac ($150) or Microsoft Office 2010 for PC ($149.95) are packed with features that help you tackle every assignment, and work together on group projects-from almost anywhere.
- California Innovations: California Innovations eco-friendly lunchboxes are offered in a variety of colors, sizes, and even with your children’s favorite Disney characters, making them a great alternative to paper bags.
- Stonyfield: From everyone’s favorite organic yogurt company, we have a gift pack with coupons for YoKids, an activity book, and more!
- Carolina Pad: Carolina Pad offers a fun back to school package featuring exceptional quality and design. You can find everything from binders to notebooks, planners to folders for back to school in their online store or at retailers nationwide.
- Scholastic: Literacy is the cornerstone of a child’s growth, and for nearly 90 years Scholastic has created quality products and services that educate, entertain and motivate children and are designed to help enlarge their understanding of the world around them.
- P&G: P&G offers an Back to School box filled with tons of great products to help you and your family get back to school. Even better you can help kids stay in school by purchasing products using P&G’s brandSAVER.
- Johnson’s & Johnson’s: A back to school gift pack including Johnson’s products including detangler (no more tears over hair brushing), hand and face wipes (perfect for on the go cleanup), and baby powder (for everything from the locker room to your shoes. For all those playground scrapes, and bumps they’ve also included Neosporin, and Mickey Mouse Band Aids.They work better together.
- Playful Planet: Keep your kids healthy, and get some fun exercise in on rainy or cold day with the Storyland Yoga DVD. Your kids will love being a part of the story through these gentle yoga moves by Certified Children’s Yoga Instructor, Ahmed Fahmy.
Enter to Win the Backpack!
Leave a comment and tell me one thing you love about back to school time along with your email or Twitter handle. Winner will be selected on Thursday, September 15. Please see the fine print at the conclusion of the post for complete contest details.
- Share the Fill the Backpack giveaway daily on Twitter. Your tweet must include #Backpack11 and @TechSavvyMama. (1 entry per daily tweet)
- For an extra 5 entries, write an original blog post about the Fill the Backpack campaign, Communities in Schools, or a back to school topic and include the following: Win an overstuffed backpack full of back to school goodies from Fill the Backpack and Splash Creative Media & Tech Savvy Mama valued at over $750. Please note that the link to the blog post you leave below cannot be used as entries on other Splash sites! We are comparing links to ensure originality of each post used for additional entries!
Visit the sites of the Splash Creative Media Fill the Backpack team to enter their giveaways and increase your chances. After you enter the giveaways on any of the participating sites below come back and leave a comment telling me whose site you entered on! (1 entry per site)
- TechSavvyMama by Leticia Barr @TechSavvyMama
- Guessing All the Way by Laurie Cooper, @CluelessMama
- Formerly Gracie by Grace Duffy, @GraceDuffy
- Savvy Sassy Moms by Andrea Fellman, @SavvySassyMoms
- Just Precious by Julie Meyers Pron, @JustPrecious
- Sassy Moms in the City by Alison Ray @SassyMomChicago
- It’s My Life by Jessica Rosenberg, @Kikarose
- The Centsible Life by Kelly Whalen, @CentsibleLife
Fine print: One winner will be randomly selected by Random.org on Thursday, September 15th and contacted via email or Twitter. If winner comment does not meet the aforementioned criteria by including the necessary contact information in their comment, another winner will be selected. Winner must provide name, US mailing address, and phone number for direct shipment of products within 24 hours of being contacted or an alternate winner will be selected. Leticia- Tech Savvy Mama, Splash Creative Media, and Fill the Backpace sponsors are not responsible for items lost or delayed in shipping.
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama