This is a sponsored post
This weekend we did a little back to school shopping for some of the remaining school supply items that are on the kids’ must-have lists. Our goal was to hit only one store and go early to avoid crowds and be there early enough to shop among aisles that had been cleaned up from the night before but when we got there, I was reminded about why it’s so much easier to shop online. Messy aisles with school supplies scattered made it extremely difficult to find the items we need quickly and easily.
“This is the right size binder but I have no idea how much it is,” exclaimed my daughter holding up the 3” binder she needed for fifth grade.
“Moooommmm!” called my son from the end of an aisle. “The sign says that this is where the 24 pack of Crayolas should be but they have a different brand here instead. Can you help me find the Crayola crayons?”
As I was heading to help my son a bewildered woman tapped me and pointed to 4×6 index cards on her list. In Spanish, she told me she didn’t know what they were. I dispatched my daughter to help her find index cards while I searched for crayons.
Dividing and conquered worked as index cards and Crayola Crayons were found in the right sizes and quantities and the price of the binder was revealed thanks to a price check scanner. I was thanking my lucky stars that we were done with our school supply shopping as we waited in line at the register and quickly pondered making another stop for clothes. Honestly, I didn’t have it in me to even make a second stop to look somewhere else and we weren’t even at the front of the line yet.
Finally approaching the Holy Grail that was the nice checkout person at the register, I slid my credit card to authorize payment, noting the PayPal logo that was a payment option. It reminded me that I could have saved myself all this trouble if I had just shopped online with PayPal. But it’s not too late since I know there are a few essentials that the kids need for their wardrobes that I haven’t gotten for them yet.
With great retailers like Lands’ End, Toms, Walmart, and Levi’s offering discounts and special offers to those who choose to #PayPalIt when online shopping, I don’t need to back into a store for apparel, accessories, and other still needed back to school items for my family. This year I’ll continue to shop for my family at Lands’ End as I pay with PayPal. Here’s what I’m ordering as we start the school year.
Lands’ End always makes it easy to shop online thanks to easy searching and a selection that’s far greater than you ever seen in catalogs and in store. One must-have for us is a Lands’ End backpack.
This year our daughter needs a new backpack because her binder has outgrown her previous on so we’re upgrading from her medium to a new large one. With a lifetime guarantee, I know that her new Lands’ End backpack will last her well through middle school if here color preference doesn’t change before then!
Our soon-to-be third grade son will need some new pants for fall. It’s hard to tell exactly how much he’s grown since the school year ended but I know that when he goes to put on last year’s pants, they’ll look like waders or capris on him! Lands’ End jeans are a favorite.
I love them for the Iron Knee feature where a soft hidden patch inside doubles the durability, the adjustable waist so they fit him just right, and strong seams will hold up even after he’s outgrown them. He loves them for their roomy front pockets for all sorts of treasures like rocks, woodchips, and coins that he tends to bring home and the easy-to-zip zippers because nothing is worse than a stuck zipper during a class bathroom break.
Since moms need to be stylish too, I was flipping through Lands’ End quarterly Apostrophe for fashion inspiration and found my fall must-have: The Denim Shirt Dress. A staple in my wardrobe as jeans, the Denim Shirt Dress ($89) is a versatile piece that updates my wardrobe since it can be worn in many different ways. I love these style tips from Apostrophe!
When my shopping cart is full, I can enter any discount codes (shipping is free with orders over $50!), my Shop Your Way Program Member Number to earn rewards on my purchase, and click to pay with PayPal. Back to school shopping has never been so easy!
Here’s a list of participating online retailers where you can #PayPalIt when doing your back to school shopping with some fabulous offers and deals designed to help you save money:
- Lands’ End— Get free shipping on purchases of $50 or more at Lands’ End. Exclusions apply. Valid through 12/31/2014.
- JC Penny— Get 15% off at JC Penney. Use coupon code AFFSHOP1. Exclusions apply. Valid through 4/1/2015.
- Walmart— Shop Back to School Styles from $4.97 at Walmart.com until 9/16/14.
- Levi’s— 30% off Levi’s Denim and free shipping over $100. Offer valid until 8/25/14.
- Toms— Save $10 on a $65+ purchase or save $20 on a $100+ purchase with code THEBESTOF at TOMS.com! Exclusions apply and the discount is good until 8/18/14.
- Forever 21— 10% OFF and free shipping over $30 with F21PAYPAL until 8/15/14.
- Finish Line— Shop Back-to-School savings at FinishLine.com with 20% OFF all orders of $175 when you use promo code PAYPAL20 by 8/17/14.
- No More Rack— Receive first access to their back to school event that ends on 9/15/14.
- Wayfair– 10% off sitewide when you check out with PayPal and use the promotional code PP714BTS by 9/1/14.
- Hayneedle— Back to campus essentials up to 30% off every look in the book OR Up to 30% off back-to-campus must haves with free shipping on almost everything.
- Fanatics— $10 off $75 plus free shipping with rewards. Use the code PayPalTen before 8/31/14.
- Guitar Center— 15% Off Single Item $199 or more (maximum discount $500) when you use the discount code BACK2SCHOOL by 8/12/14.
- Karmaloop— 30% off + free shipping on orders over $50 with PAYBUX30 until 8/26/14.
- Panasonic— Save up to $400 on Cool Tech Gear at shop.panasonic.com until 8/27/14
- Newegg— Get up to an additional $90 off with promo code.
- ThinkGeek— Save $10 When You Order $30 or More of Bags and Backpacks at ThinkGeek with the code STUFFIT until 8/17/14.
Looking for some back to school inspiration?
Visit the #PayPal it Back to School Pinterest board for great styles, technology products, and more for this school year!
This is a sponsored post but all back to school items have been personal purchased! All opinions are my own.