If your guest room is one area of your house that you’ve been looking to upgrade, now is the time to make some changes especially if you’re hosting houseguests. The good news is that it doesn’t have to break the bank to create a space that will make guests feel like they’re at home. Purchasing items like luxurious throws and accent pillows are good ways refresh the space in a budget friendly way but thoughtful gestures can mean just as much.
One of my favorite sites to browse for home inspiration is Wayfair. From holiday decorating, necessities to keep our two hens warm in the winter, to items to update our guest room, Wayfair has everything you’re looking for and more! I’m continually surprised by their selection and love that items I order ship quickly. Plus their Daily Sales emails always keep me in the know in order to score my favorite items for our house for less.
As we think about hosting guests for the holidays, here are seven ways you can make guests feel more at home using beautiful items from Wayfair.
1. Hang a plush bathrobe in the closet. These kimono robes are $37.99 and come in beautiful colors that may match your guest room décor or are also available in pure white to give your space a more zen feel.
2. Put a single flower in a vase on the nightstand next to a magazine or book of short stories. I love this Snowball Bud Vase ($17.50) because it’s just the right size for a single bloom and it’s short and compact nature means it won’t get knocked over in the middle of the night.
3. Let them wake up to their favorite music. Far better than waking up to static or being jarred awake by an unfamiliar morning show host, the ability to wake up to music on one’s phone is always nice. iLive’s Bluetooth Alarm Clock ($72.99) radio features a bright display and easily accessible buttons plus the ability to function as a hands-free speakerphone for making or taking calls.
4. Don’t overlook the bathroom! A stylish chrome caddy to corral soaps and shampoos, a small dish to hold jewelry at night time, and an assortment of amenities like shower gel, lotion, shampoo and conditioner will make your bathroom feel more inviting.
6. Help them get connected by framing your WiFi password and leaving it on the dresser. Placing it in a small photo frame is a far more eye-catching way to share your password than handing them a slip of paper.
7. Create a binder of favorites like a map of the local transit system along with a pass that has a bit of money to get them started, menus to family friendly and date night type eateries, and must-see attractions that they can explore on their own while in your city. Also be sure to include your address in case they’re calling for an airport shuttle pickup.
Whether you’re looking to refresh your guest room in the near future or update another part of your home, Wayfair can help with all of your home decorating needs! To get you started, they’re giving away a $500 Wayfair gift card! Enter below and good luck!