This is a sponsored post
It’s that time of the year where everything is converging and we parents are busier than ever. I’m finding myself in the middle of planning celebratory events as Thomas says goodbye to elementary school, shopping for end of the year teacher gifts, and attending final sporting events and team parties while juggling beginning of summer activities like the start of swim and dive team and making sure that Emily has everything she needs as she jets away to California for camp the day school ends. Add in a week of travel to my usual work responsibilities and it’s more than my typical parent duties. With endless to-do lists and my mental capacity at full load, I can take all the help I can get. Thankfully I’ve discovered that CVS Curbside Pickup is a busy parent’s lifesaver now and throughout the year.
About CVS Curbside Pickup
The free CVS Curbside Pickup allows me to use the CVS Pharmacy App or website to order items I need and have them delivered right to my car for no extra charge. I can select health and beauty items like sunscreen, snacks and paper goods for classroom parties, and non-prescription essentials that Emily needs for camp, place my order, receive confirmation of my order via text, and review and approve the order right from my mobile phone.
CVS sends text alerts directly to your phone when your order is ready for pickup so you can drive over to your local participating CVS for curbside delivery to my car.
How does CVS know I’m outside ready for pickup? By keeping the CVS Pharmacy App open, my local CVS gets an alert that I’m nearby or I can send a text when I’m parked in a designated curbside spot near the store entrance.
CVS Curbside Pickup is a busy parent’s lifesaver because it saves so much time! Not only do I love being able to skip the line but I can forget the hassle of in-store shopping all together! As much as we may love browsing store shelves, when I’m crunched for time, it’s so much easier to shop online or via the CVS Pharmacy App.
I appreciate saving time not having to search the aisles and shelves for the items I need and have precious minutes eaten up by long lines. I love knowing when my order is ready for pickup and having it run out to me so I can continue with my busy day.
Other Times CVS Curbside Pickup is Helpful
CVS Curbside Pickup is the perfect helping hand for me right now but as busy parents, we could all use times when shopping is easier, less time-intensive, and more streamlined. I can see myself relying on CVS Curbside Pickup throughout the year during times like these:
- Running home from a pediatrician visit with a sick child in the car. The CVS Pharmacy App makes caring for sick kids easy but Curbside Pickup makes it even easier. Simply place an order for over the counter medication and other sick remedies while waiting in the doctor’s office and you can swing by your CVS to pick things up without having to get out of the car and leave your sick child.
- Extreme weather like pouring rain, driving home in anticipation of a snowstorm, or even high heat index days. CVS Curbside Pickup allows you to stay in your car and comfortable while someone else runs your items out to you.
- When I was a new mom with a sleeping baby in the car. My kids were masters at falling asleep in the car but would always wake up when the car stopped. CVS Curbside Pickup would have made it easy to grab diapers, wipes, and other essentials quickly so they could continue napping.
- Needing to stock up on big, bulky or heavy items like toilet paper? CVS Curbside Pickup does the heavy lifting by bringing these items out to your waiting car!
Saving and Paying with CVS Curbside Pickup
- I’m a big fan of using my CVS ExtraCare card for extra savings and love that I can apply the savings to my Curbside Pickup Order. Simply link your card to your CVS.com account to take advantage of ExtraCare deals and apply ExtraCare rewards to your order. You’ll also see weekly ad savings right on the app or website that are good on your Curbside Pickup Order.
- But how does paying for a Curbside Pickup order work? When I place my online order, a pending authorization is put on my credit or debit card until the order is picked up. Because life happens and you may need to cancel an order or aren’t able to pick up items as planned, CVS makes it easy to cancel a curbside pickup order from the CVS Pharmacy App or your web browser. The store also holds orders for 4 days before returning items to shelves and the pending charge is removed within 10 days.
How to Know if CVS Curbside Pickup is in Your Area
CVS Curbside Pickup is now available in 40 major markets across the U.S., including many locations in Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Houston, Los Angeles, Chicago, Phoenix, Dallas, Seattle and Washington, DC.
Wondering if CVS Curbside Pickup is available in your area? Use the CVS Curbside Pickup store finder in the app or online to check specific store locations for availability.
If you don’t already have the free CVS Pharmacy app on your phone, download it for iOS or Android to enjoy the convenience of CVS Curbside Pickup. For more information about the CVS Pharmacy app, follow the official CVS Pharmacy Twitter account or “Like” the CVS Pharmacy Facebook page for the latest deals, savings advice, inside scoop updates, and exclusive coupons and contests.
I’m proud to be working with CVS Pharmacy to help spread the word about #BetterHealthMadeEasy and how to #FindYourHealthy. All opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.