This post is sponsored by Onelink Safe & Sound
Earlier this year a new law in our state went into effect requiring us to replace smoke alarms when they’re 10 years old to ensure the most effective technology is installed to provide protection to people and property. While it may seem like a pain and an expense to replace existing smoke alarms in your house, it’s not worth it to take a chance with your family’s safety.
Every year nearly 3,000 Americans die from home fires, many of which can be prevented with proper placement and maintenance of working smoke alarms, emergency preparedness, and escape planning. With a built in smoke and carbon monoxide alarm plus premium speakers and built in Amazon Alexa, Onelink Safe & Sound is a must-have in the realm of smart home technology because it does an outstanding job of protecting your loved ones.
About Onelink Safe & Sound
Since their invention of the first residential smoke alarm 60 years ago, First Alert has been at the forefront of developing technology to help protect what matters to their consumers most and their new Onelink Safe & Sound goes beyond protecting your family from fires. This trusted brand’s smart home device makes life easier by providing smoke, fire, and carbon monoxide protection by sending alerts to your mobile device. It can also play music with premium sound thanks to built-in Alexa.
The 3-in-1 Onelink Safe & Sound provides peace of mind and helps makes life easier, more enjoyable, and helps keep your house safe thanks to features like:
- Intelligent smoke and carbon monoxide alarm sends alerts to your mobile devices, letting you know the type and location of danger in your home
- High end speakers provide crystal clear omni-directional sound and powerful bass while built-in noise cancelling microphones can hear you throughout the room, even while music is playing
- Built-in Alexa plays music, news, or audio books and allows you to use other features you love with hands-free voice commands that can also be used to control other works-with-Alexa smart home devices such as lights, locks, and more
- Hardwired alarm that is built into Onelink Safe & Sound connects with most existing hardwired alarms using the easy-adapter plug, eliminating the need to rewire
- Onelink Home app (iOS or Android) serves as a companion app that allows you to test and silence your alarm, control entertainment features, and customize the color and brightness of the built-in nightlight through your phone or tablet
How to Set Up Your Onelink Safe & Sound
Even if DIY projects aren’t your specialty, First Alert makes installing Onelink Safe & Sound easy, especially if you already have an existing hardwired smoke alarm. The free Onelink Home app for iOS and Android devices guides you through the process from start to finish.
Once your Onelink is connected to power and the light in the center glows white, you’re ready to log into the app. If you haven’t already done so, you’ll need to create a Onelink account which you can do conveniently through the app.
Once logged in, you’ll see this screen on your phone. Tap on the circle with the red plus sign in the bottom right corner of your mobile device to add your Onelink Safe & Sound.
The next screen is where you can customize your Onelink by providing a name for your home, designate the room the alarm is installed in, and choose the name your alarm announces in an emergency.
This process provides your Onelink with information it needs to send alerts to your mobile device about the type and location of danger in your home.
Onelink Home app automatically looks to pair with your Onelink Safe and Sound.
Once Onelink Home finds your device, you’ll see the white circle glow blue. This lets you know Onelink Home is ready to add your newest Onelink Safe & Sound. All you need to do to add it is tap on the name of the device.
You’ll see a circle form around Onelink on your phone’s screen as you wait for Onelink Home to pair with your Onelink Safe & Sound.
The process only takes a minute and you’ll know the app is connected to the device when you see this on your phone.
Now when you access the Onelink Home app, you’ll be able to check on the safety of your house at a glance.
Onelink Safe & Sound comes with built in Alexa and all you need to do to get set up is sign into your Amazon account via the Onelink Home app. Simply tap on Amazon Alexa under Smart Home Accounts to log into your Amazon account.
Once this is done, you can take advantage of the built-in Alexa to play music, news, or audio books use the other features hands-free voice commands that you love to control other works-with-Alexa smart home devices such as lights, locks, and more.
For more information,
- Visit the Onelink Safe & Sound website
- Watch this video from First Alert for additional installation tips
- Follow First Alert on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
This post was written in partnership with Mom it Forward Influencer Network. I was compensated to write this post and received a Onelink Safe & Sound for review purposes but all opinions are my own. Amazon affiliate links are included in this post.