This 4-H National Youth Science Day post is sponsored by HughesNet
One of the best ways to foster an interest in STEM is to expose kids to a variety of different experiences and I love how 4-H has provided engaging activities to introduce kids to computer science and coding with the support of organizations like HughesNet The Code Your World Kit ($21.95), developed for National Youth Science Day, includes all materials and instructions for parents to facilitate interactive computer science-related activities, regardless of your experience with the subject.
Developed in partnership with companies like HughesNet, this year’s Code Your World challenge kit ($21.95) provides everything you need to teach beginning coding skills to ages 8-12 in one convenient box. HughesNet, America’s number one choice for satellite internet, is passionate about empowering the next generation of leaders through STEM education.
“HughesNet wants to ensure that all children, no matter where they live, have access to hands-on, experiential STEM learning,” said Peter Gulla, senior vice president of marketing at Hughes.
“It is a part of our company’s larger commitment to bridging the technology divide. Kids who tap into their curiosity and enthusiasm for STEM now will grow into the leaders of tomorrow — ensuring our country stays competitive in the global economy and powering our connected future.”
Since HughesNet recognizes that computer science skills are critical to their business and to our kids’ futures, they’ve provided 12 National Youth Science Day Code Your World kits to readers just like you! Take a look at what’s included in each Code Your World kit:
- Facilitator Guide
- Youth Workbooks (x10)
- Certificates of Completion (x10)
- Completion Badge Stickers
- Scratch Coding Challenge Cards (x13)
- Scratch Username and Password Sheet
- Dance Code Cards (two sets of 26, plus 2 reference cards)
- Dice (x5)
- Wooden Coins (x5)
- Code Your Dance Poster
- Crayons (x40)
- USB drive with offline versions of Scratch and Adobe Air, Animate a Name Offline Instructions, Careers with Code Magazine, and printables of all the above materials and certificates in case you need more for your group
Enter to win a Code Your World kit courtesy of HughesNet!
HughesNet is providing 12 kits for families! Enter to win one of your own using the Rafflecopter form below! Please note that this giveaway has a very short entry period and will end on Monday, October 8. US residents only.
- Visit the 4-H website
- Read my past post: Parents: Learn to Code with your Kids on 4-H National Youth Science Day and Throughout October
- Like 4-H on Facebook
- Follow 4-H on Instagram and Twitter
- Order your Code Your World kit here
I was compensated for this post and to facilitate a giveaway however, all opinions are my own.