This post is sponsored by tútit
How many of these scenarios sound familiar?
- It’s 9pm and your middle schooler just announced that he has an algebra quiz tomorrow and he just doesn’t get it. He’s frustrated, you’re frustrated, it’s getting late, you’ve still got laundry and some work to finish, and you don’t know how to help him.
- AP exams are coming up and the difference between scoring 2’s and 4’s or 5’s can mean thousands in college tuition. Your high schooler is bright and has done well in class but hasn’t done well on tests. Knowing how to take the test could make a big difference, but AP test prep courses are expensive, and exams are right around the corner. How can you get fast, affordable help?
- You check the online grading system and discover that your daughter hasn’t turned any homework in for Spanish in the past two weeks and she got a 30% on her last quiz. You sit down to talk to her about it and she breaks down. She knows she’s behind, doesn’t understand her homework, and doesn’t know how to catch up. You don’t speak Spanish, so what can you do to help her?
Parenting in the digital age results in lots of mixed feelings because we’re constantly trying to manage our screen time but what if the very same screens that they’re constantly connected to could provide on-demand help to meet their academic needs?
Gone are the days of trying to find a local tutor whose expertise, schedule, and personality matches your child’s. Virtual tutors available through apps like tútit instantly connect your child to a network of tutors for on-demand tutoring and homework help sessions that provide an instant confidence boost.
Developed by a University of Tampa student one night while looking for tutoring assistance from his dorm room, tútit leverages technology to connect students with tutors within just 60 seconds of their request. The vast network of tútit tutors makes it easy to find someone who can truly meet your student’s needs any time of day. tútit also serves as a more affordable tutoring option for families thanks to a pay-as-you-go model where each session is billed by the minute (after a five-minute minimum) and pricing starts at $29 for 30 minutes of tutoring.
Getting Started with tútit
After downloading the app for your iOS or Android device and entering some basic profile information to create an account with tútit, it’s easy to connect to a tutor quickly from your phone or tablet. Independently, or with a parent’s help, students enter in the subject they need help with.
You can request the first available tutor or tap on the profiles of the tutors to learn more about them.
Once connected to a tutor, the tútit app incorporates voice and digital chat capabilities, as well as interactive whiteboard functionality so your child can text, talk, upload images of problems and use the whiteboard at the same time for a seamless tutoring experience.
These technology tools plus the ability to save study sessions through tútit’s gallery index, helps create an interactive session with notes that your child can go back to and review at any time.
Once the tutoring session starts, you pay only for what you need. Whether your child needs a five minute refresher or 50 minutes with a tútit tutor, the company believes “The minute you get it, you’re done.” Unlike other virtual tutoring services, there’s no long-term commitment, subscription, or need to pre-purchase a pricey package of sessions. Each session is billed by the minute (after a five-minute minimum) and pricing starts at $29 for 30 minutes of tutoring. tútit provides a more affordable option for families thanks to the flexibility to use as little time as needed.
Other Ways tútit Can Help
With a vast network of students, teachers, professors, tutors, and qualified professionals available from your phone or tablet instantly, tútit makes it easy for your child to access the homework and test preparation help they need. How else might you use tútit? See if these parenting scenarios sound familiar!
- You’ve got three kids and you’re on your own with them tonight. It’s 6pm, the one you just picked up from soccer practice is walking through the house in muddy cleats and the one you picked up from piano lessons is exhibiting all the signs of being hangry. You’ve got to throw dinner together fast but your oldest is having a meltdown over calculus homework because they just don’t get it. Tútit to the rescue!
- Your youngest child has gotten into the habit of alternating between asking Alexa or Googling answers. They’re turning in all of their homework and doing great, but failing their quizzes and tests. You realize that Alexa and Google aren’t teaching them about how to actually solve problems and understand the subject matter, but you’re lost when it comes to the new teaching methods. Tútit tutors can help!
- Final exams are coming up for your college student and they feel overwhelmed with their workload. You know they’re trying to get the highest grade possible to bring up their statistics grade and could use some extra help. The problem is they need to be able to study on their own schedule, without having to make an appointment and meet up with a campus tutor. Help them get the support they need without leaving their dorm by purchasing minutes they can use on tútit!
tútit’s pay-as-you-go model for on-demand tutoring is a lifesaver for families who want to give their children the academic confidence they need with subjects that may be a struggle. The platform’s technology makes it easy to connect to a tutor quickly and easily for regular homework help, studying for AP exams, and last minute test help.
If you’re interested in learning more about how our family has been using tútit, come back next week to read about our personal experience with the app and for a chance to win an iPad, courtesy of tútit!
Tútit compensated me for this post and provided credit to personally experience the app, however, all opinions are my own. Screencaptures courtesy of tútit,