A year consists of five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes but Jonathan Larson’s RENT measures the passage of time in seasons of love. The first time I saw RENT, I was a graduate student in Boston. The now Pulitzer and Tony Award-winning masterpiece had only been on Broadway for a year but I instantly fell in love with the music, story, and the underlying message of measuring our lives with love, the one thing that matters the most.
This fall I look forward to seeing RENT again and sharing it with my teens as the 20th anniversary touring production comes to the National Theatre in Washington, DC. If you’ve always wanted to see RENT or look forward to seeing it again, now’s your chance! RENT at the National Theatre from Tuesday, November 12 – Sunday, November 17 for only 8 shows.
In 1996, an original rock musical by a little-known composer opened on Broadway… and forever changed the landscape of American theatre. Two decades later, Jonathan Larson’s RENT continues to speak loudly and defiantly to audiences across generations and all over the world.
A reimagining of Puccini’s La Bohème, RENT follows an unforgettable year in the lives of seven artists struggling to follow their dreams without selling out. With its inspiring message of joy and hope in the face of fear, this timeless celebration of friendship and creativity reminds us to measure our lives with the only thing that truly matters — love.
RENT will be at the National Theatre from Tuesday, November 12 – Sunday, November 17 for only 8 shows. Shows are at the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, November 12 at 7:30 pm
- Wednesday, November 13 at 7:30 pm
- Thursday, November 14 at 7:30 pm
- Friday, November 15 at 8 pm
- Saturday, November 16 at 2 pm and 8 pm
- Sunday, November 17 at 2 pm and 7:30 pm
Tickets for RENT may be purchased at TheNationalDC.com, in person at the National Theatre box office (weekdays, Noon to 6:00 PM), or by calling 800-514-3849. The performance is recommended for ages 13 and up. It runs approximately 2 hours and 35minutes, including intermission. RENT is recommended for ages 13+.
Win a Pair of Tickets to RENT!
The National Theatre is providing a pair of 2 tickets to the 7:30 pm performance of RENT on opening night- Tuesday, November 12 at 7:30 pm. To enter, leave a comment sharing your favorite inspiring message of joy and hope. Winner will be notified on Wednesday, November 6 and will have 24 hours to claim their tickets.
Before you enter, check your calendars to be sure you’re able to attend the RENT performance on Tuesday, November 12 at 7:30 pm since there are no alternate dates or ticket transfers available for this giveaway. Please note anyone associated with Allied (promo partners, employees, etc.) are not eligible to enter the contest. Thanks!
Upcoming Shows at the National Theatre
There’s an incredible lineup shows for the 2019-2020 Broadway at The National Theatre’s season. Take a look at what’s coming and get tickets now!
- 18-19, 2019: Mystery Science Theater 3000 Live
- 12-17, 2019: RENT – 20thAnniversary Tour
Nov. 21-23, 2019: John Leguizamo – Latin History for Morons
- 29, 2019: Mandy Patinkin in Concert: Diaries
- 3-8, 2019: The Illusionists – Magic of the Holidays
- 10-15, 2019: Fiddler on the Roof – Directed by Bartlett Sher
- 17, 2019 – Jan. 5, 2020: Jersey Boys
- 31 – Feb. 1, 2010: The Simon & Garfunkel Story
- 11-16, 2020: The King’s Speech
- 3-8, 2020: Bandstand
- 27 – Apr. 5, 2020: Sting starring in The Last Ship
- 7-26, 2020: Roald Dahl’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- May 8-17, 2020: Blue Man Group
- July 22 – Aug. 2, 2020: Summer: The Donna Summer Musical
The National Theatre provided complimentary tickets for this giveaway. No compensation was received for this post. Images courtesy of The National Theatre. Affiliate links are included in this post.