This post is sponsored by Perdue Farms and contains affiliate links
One of my favorite days of the week is Saturday. Not only is it the start of the weekend, but it’s the day that I head to my farmer’s market and pick up our community supported agriculture (CSA) share. For years, we’ve been buying a full share of certified organic produce from a family farm in South Central Pennsylvania. I’ve loved getting to know the family of farmers that provides our family with fresh in-season fruits and vegetables over the years.
But we’re not vegetarians.
Our eggs come from our trio of backyard chickens who free-range in our yard but I’ve struggled with the other proteins we eat. As much as I want to know the farmers who raise the animals who provide the meat we eat, it’s not always cost effective for me to buy cuts from the farmer’s market for a family with two growing teens. I’ve purchased a share of an animal from local farmers before but found myself craving the variety of different types and cuts of meats.
With a box of produce coming from a local farm most weeks out of the year, I’ve been searching for a way to feel good about adding healthy, nutritious, and organic proteins into our diets.
Introducing Perdue Farms Brands Direct-to-Consumer Website
When I’ve seen Perdue Farms, I’ve always thought poultry. I recently learned that Perdue Farms is not only more than chicken, but the company boasts a full line of premium protein products and brands. Perdue Brands include Niman Ranch, Coleman Natural, Perdue Chicken, Perdue Harvestland, Panorama Meats, Spot Farms, Full Moon, and more.
These are brands that I see when shopping in my local markets and whose products come from animals raised by small family farmers. For 100 years, the company has worked with family farmers to raise animals with care. They’re also passionate about farming, land preservation, and healthy and nutritious food just like I am. Now there’s a new way to shop for healthy proteins raised by family farmers thanks to their direct-to-consumer website.
Over the last 10 years, Perdue Farms has transitioned from conventional chicken and turkey production to becoming the #1 supplier in the U.S. for organic chicken as well as a leader in premium beef, pork, lamb, pasture-raised, grass-fed, heritage breed, antibiotic-free (No Antibiotics Ever), non-GMO, certified humane, GAP products and more. Now you can get the whole family of brands delivered directly to your door to make meals even easier
Unboxing the Perdue Farms Family Bundle (Medium)
The Family Bundle (Medium) box ($64.99) arrived at my doorstep and included the following:
- COLEMAN NATURAL® Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon (1 package)
- PERDUE ® Panko Breaded Dino Nuggets (1 package)
- PERDUE ® Harvestland ® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins, Individually Wrapped (1 box)
- Niman Ranch Uncured Bacon Wrapped With Rosemary Pork Chop (2 packages each containing 2 pork chops)
- Niman Ranch Uncured Pork Breakfast Sausage (1 package)
As I unpacked the still-frozen items that were sent in an insulated box with ten pounds of dry ice, I made mental menu planning notes.
- COLEMAN NATURAL® Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon — Great as a weekend breakfast item but could also be an ingredient for weeknight BLTs
- PERDUE ® Panko Breaded Dino Nuggets – These fun shaped nuggets could be paired with a bowl of vegetable soup to make a heartier dinner on a cold winter night
- PERDUE ® Harvestland ® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins — Individually packaged sets of 4-5 allow me to defrost what I need from dinner. They can be quickly grilled, sautéed, or breaded and baked making them the most versatile protein in the box.
- Niman Ranch Uncured Bacon Wrapped with Rosemary Pork Chop — We love anything bacon wrapped and these could be the star of any dinner! I envision pulling them out in the morning before work and letting them defrost and then baking or cooking them in a pan with a side of fresh veggies from our CSA share
- Niman Ranch Uncured Pork Breakfast Sausage — I made plans to serve these alongside pancakes on a Sunday morning
Meant to feed and please a family of 4 like ours, the Family Bundle (Medium) is nicely priced at $64.99. This price point allows me to feed my family proteins raised by small family farmers in a way that fits our grocery budget.
Now that I’m teaching part time, it was certainly convenient to have a box of meat delivered to our doorstep. None of the items in the box were in quantities too large that they didn’t fit in our freezer. I loved having the items from this box on hand to defrost for breakfast and dinners and would absolutely order from Perdue Farms again.
The Family Bundle (Medium) sent by Perdue Farms for me to try is available at a 17% bundle discount versus purchasing all products individually. Other bundles that I’d consider purchasing for my family include the:
Customers who sign up for Perdue Farms emails will get 10% off their first order. Free shipping is available on orders over $119.
This is a sponsored post. I received the Family Bundle (Medium) for the purposes of this post but all opinions are my own and those of my family.