Years ago when I was a teen and my family visited London, CATS was one of the musicals we saw. I was mesmerized by the cat-like performances by the actors and actresses as they slunked, pounced, pranced, and sang memorable songs like Memory. I recently saw CATS with my daughter in Los Angeles and loved it just as much as when I saw it the first time. Now CATS is coming to Washington, D.C.’s National Theater January 17-22.
Here’s what you need to know about the show, including how to buy discounted tickets for you and your family to attend one of the eight performances of CATS at National Theatre in Washington, D.C.
CATS tells the story of one magical night when an extraordinary tribe of cats gathers for its annual ball to rejoice and decide which cat will be reborn. This beloved musical features breathtaking music by Andrew Lloyd Webber, including “Memory,” one of the most treasured songs in musical theater.
CATS has captivated audiences in over 30 countries and 15 languages and broken records. It has won 7 Tony Awards® including Best Musical.
The original score by Andrew Lloyd Webber (The Phantom of the Opera, School of Rock, Sunset Boulevard), original scenic and costume design by John Napier (Les Misérables), all-new lighting design by Natasha Katz (Aladdin), all-new sound design by Mick Potter, new choreography by Andy Blankenbuehler (Hamilton) based on the original choreography by Gillian Lynne (Phantom) and direction by Trevor Nunn (Les Misérables) make this production a new CATS for a new generation! It’s definitely worth seeing and a show all ages will enjoy.
CATS is about 2 hours and 20 minutes, with an intermission.
CATS at The National Theatre
CATS opens next Tuesday, January 17th and will be at the National Theatre from Tuesday, January 17-Sunday, January 22 for 8 performances. Shows are at the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, January 17 at 7:30 pm
- Wednesday, January 18 at 7:30 pm
- Thursday, January 19 at 7:30 pm
- Friday, January 20 at 7:30 pm
- Saturday, December 21 at 2 pm and 7:30 pm
- Sunday, December 22 at 2 pm and 7:30 pm
Tickets start at $55. Use the code JELLICLE to get seats as low as $45 for on opening night tickets (Tuesday, January 17) and the Wednesday, January 18th performance when purchased through this link.
The JELLICLE discount applies to CATS tickets purchased for either the Tuesday, January 17 or Wednesday, January 18 National Theatre performances. When I looked, I found discounted seats in all sections for both days. To give you an idea of pricing, Orchestra seats were as low as $85 (regularly $95/each) and Balcony seats for $45 (normally $55/each).
Applying the JELLICLE Discount for CATS Tickets
When searching for CATS tickets, you’ll do it through the Ticketmaster site. The code JELLICLE actually unlocks tickets at a special rate for the Tuesday, January 17 and Wednesday, January 18 National Theatre performances. Here’s are the steps you need to go through to use the code to unlock special pricing for seats during these two shows:
1. To use the JELLICLE discount code, log into your Ticketmaster account.
2. Click the Unlock icon in the upper right corner of the screen and enter the code JELLICLE.
3. This will bring up a seat map with available seats and rates using the JELLICLE code.
4. You should see an unlocked locked and Influencer/Partner pricing underneath the Section and Row.
5. Select your seats with the Influencer/Partner pricing discount. I found Orchestra seats for as low as $85 (regularly $95/each) and Balcony seats for $45 (normally $55/each).
UPCOMING SHOWS AT THE NATIONAL THEATRE
There’s an incredible lineup shows for the 2023 Broadway at The National Theatre’s season. Take a look at what’s coming and purchase tickets now!
- January 17-22, 2023: Cats
- March 14-26, 2023: Jagged Little Pill
- April 6-9: My Fair Lady
- April 15, 2023: Our Planet
- April 19-30, 2023: Disney’s Aladdin
- May 16-28, 2023: Beetlejuice
- June 6-18, 2023: Hadestown
The National Theatre provided me with tickets in exchange for this post. Images courtesy of CATS and The National Theatre.