Here were some of the most useful apps I evaluated for the piece:
WebMD— If you’ve ever been frustrated that you can’t get your pediatrician on the phone right away, WebMD’s free app helps you diagnose your child’s symptoms at the touch of a screen. The WebMD symptom checker is easy to use. Users tell the app where it hurts and then answer a series of questions. While it is not meant to be a substitute for medical advice, it can be a helpful tool to quell nervousness as you wait for the phone to ring.
- FBI Child ID is free app from the FBI allows you to store information about your child. It helps in an instant in case your child goes missing and allows you to take a picture of your child, upload it, store important distinguishing characteristics about your child. Just be sure to update the photo of your child regularly!
- Smart-ICE4family ($5) keeps your family’s medical history in one easy-to-read location. In addition to being a filing center for the information, the app will also dial emergency services, send a current location to EMS, and email doctors a signed HIPAA privacy statement.
- Family GPS Tracker and Safety Center app (free) allows parents to track their location at any given time. The app also offers a monitoring service to identify sex offenders that may be living in the area.
- Pocket First Aid & CPR from the American Heart Association— That lollipop may have looked safe in its wrapper, but hard candy can easily lodge in a tot’s throat. The Pocket First Aid & CPR from the American Heart Association ($4) features the latest up-to-date emergency information including CPR and first aid for choking, scrapes, and more serious injuries.
- CPSC Recalls— Don’t become too attached to that new toy! The free app allows parents to track the government agency’s announcements to ensure the products in your home are up to current safety standards.
I was not compensated to appear in this news segment. All opinions are my own.
Thanks for reading Tech Savvy Mama through your feed!
Original post by Tech Savvy Mama