It’s the start of a new season of shows at Washington, D.C.’s The National Theatre and comedian Mike Birbiglia kicks off the venue’s 16 productions with tour stop of his hit Broadway play The New One.
About Mike Birbiglia’s The New One
He’s made you laugh in Sleepwalk With Me (it was a play presented by Nathan Lane, then a movie, THEN a book), My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend and “Thank God for Jokes.” (He was also really funny in that one season of “Orange is the New Black.” And in “Billions.” And “Broad City.”) Now he’s direct from Broadway, telling a new story in a new way with the same heart and humor we’ve come to expect. Lin-Manuel Miranda called THE NEW ONE “as perfect a night as you’re gonna get.”
Critics say not to miss The New One. Some people say it’s his best one. (It was John Mulaney. Also Vogue.)
Mike Birbiglia’s The New One is at the National Theatre from Tuesday, September 24 through Sunday, September 29 for only 8 shows. Shows are at the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, September 24 at 7:30 pm
- Wednesday, September 25 at 7:30 pm
- Thursday, September 26 at 7:30 pm
- Friday, September 27 at 8 pm
- Saturday, September 28 at 2 pm and 8 pm
- Sunday, September 29 at 2 pm and 7:30 pm
Tickets for Mike Birbiglia’s The New One may be purchased at TheNationalDC.com, in person at the National Theatre box office (weekdays, Noon to 6:00 PM), or by calling 800-514-3849. The performance is recommended for ages 13 and up and runs approximately 1 hour, 20 minutes with no intermission.
Ticket Lottery for Mike Birbiglia’s The New One
Two hours prior to all The New One performances, individuals may submit their names in person to be drawn to purchase up to two tickets at $25 per ticket (inclusive of all fees). Twenty lottery seats will be available for purchase for each of the above-mentioned performances. Names will be announced 30 minutes after the entry period begins (90 minutes prior to the show time). Individuals must be present, with cash, to redeem the offer.
Upcoming Shows at The National Theatre
There is an incredible lineup of 16 shows that are part of 2019-2020 Broadway at The National Theatre’s season. Take a look at what’s coming and get for fall shows now!
- Sept. 24-29, 2019: Mike Birbiglia’s The New One
- Oct. 8-13, 2019: Jimmy Buffett’s Escape to Margaritaville
- Oct. 18-19, 2019: Mystery Science Theater 3000 Live
- Nov. 12-17, 2019: RENT – 20th Anniversary Tour
- Nov. 21-23, 2019: John Leguizamo – Latin History for Morons
- Nov. 29, 2019: Mandy Patinkin in Concert: Diaries
- Dec. 3-8, 2019: The Illusionists – Magic of the Holidays
- Dec. 10-15, 2019: Fiddler on the Roof – Directed by Bartlett Sher
- Dec. 17, 2019 – Jan. 5, 2020: Jersey Boys
- Jan. 31 – Feb. 1, 2010: The Simon & Garfunkel Story
- Feb. 11-16, 2020: The King’s Speech
- Mar. 3-8, 2020: Bandstand
- Mar. 27 – Apr. 5, 2020: Sting starring in The Last Ship
- Apr. 7-26, 2020: Roald Dahl’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- May 8-17, 2020: Blue Man Group
- July 22 – Aug. 2, 2020: Summer: The Donna Summer Musical
Win a Pair of Tickets to Mike Birbiglia’s The New One!
Win a pair of tickets to see Mike Birbiglia’s The New One and see what critics are raving about! The National Theatre is providing a pair of 2 tickets to the 7:30 pm performance on Wednesday, September 25th at 7:30pm. To enter, leave a comment sharing which of the 16 shows you’re most excited to see during The National Theatre’s 2019-2020 season. Winner will be notified on Wednesday, September 18 and will have 24 hours to claim their tickets.
Before you enter, check your calendars to be sure you’re able to attend the The New One performance on Wednesday, September 25th at 7:30pm since there are no alternate dates or ticket transfers available for this giveaway. Please note anyone associated with Allied (promo partners, employees, etc.) are not eligible to enter the contest. Thanks!
The National Theatre provided complimentary tickets for this giveaway and a pair of tickets for me to see the show. No compensation was received for this post. Images courtesy of The National Theatre.